The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-14-2019, 07:08 PM

Default NFL Week 11

The week kicks off with tonight's Steelers / Browns game.

What story lines are you following this week?
Old 11-14-2019, 07:29 PM

Stillers at da Brahns up at the mistake by the lake.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post

What story lines are you following this week?
New England Patriots!
Old 11-14-2019, 11:57 PM

Well, that was an ugly end to the Thursday night game. Garrett probably gets an end of season suspension, if not more.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 11-15-2019, 12:16 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Well, that was an ugly end to the Thursday night game. Garrett probably gets an end of season suspension, if not more.
You got that right! Yanking another player’s helmet off his head then using it as a weapon on the player (QB Rudolph) is crazy. Rudolph took a pretty good shot on his head. It’ll be interesting to see what the league bestows upon Garrett.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:50 AM

My Goodness. Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Well, this won't end on good terms. And no it didn't. A shame because it was such a good game to watch. Defense came up big on both sides. Plays were made at critical times. Injuries are becoming a big problem down the stretch. Cleveland looks like someone to watch out for in the future. Then this helmet thing with 8 seconds to go and the game is already in the bag. I think I know why he did it. Watch the replay. Still, no excuse. Maybe a bit of understanding by the higher ups will ease his trouble. But they will come down hard on this one. Thursday Night Football nationwide! Rip off a helmet and whack somebody. It's good for the game. Nope.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:27 AM

That incident reminded me of the time Dennis Rodman slid out of bounds and intentionally kicked a cameraman. And when Charles Barkley (if memory serves) chased an official into the stands.

Why aren't these guys taken away in handcuffs? Those are not hard fouls, they're assault. Arrest these highly-paid steroid-fed athletes and let it be a legal matter. If we did anything close to that we'd be arrested...

In a post-game interview Garrett was fairly dismissive about it, saying he didn't expect it to overshadow a great game...really???

Knowing you've beaten your biggest rival (which hadn't happened since 2014) should make you so happy; this type of action should not have even been a consideration...embarrassing, shameful and criminal...

I've always thought the NBA should institute a penalty box (like hockey) for excessive/flagrant fouls. Make 'em play 5 on 4 for two minutes...
Old 11-15-2019, 03:03 AM

Tomorrow comes home.

Last edited by Kerbie; 11-15-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
My Goodness. Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Well, this won't end on good terms. And no it didn't. A shame because it was such a good game to watch. Defense came up big on both sides. Plays were made at critical times. Injuries are becoming a big problem down the stretch. Cleveland looks like someone to watch out for in the future. Then this helmet thing with 8 seconds to go and the game is already in the bag. I think I know why he did it. Watch the replay. Still, no excuse. Maybe a bit of understanding by the higher ups will ease his trouble. But they will come down hard on this one. Thursday Night Football nationwide! Rip off a helmet and whack somebody. It's good for the game. Nope.
“A good game to watch?!?”

Hardly - unless you’re a Browns fan.

Rudolph threw 4 interceptions, Pittsburgh’s O-Line is horrible, the offensive coordinator needs to GO and several key players left the field with concussions. They were out coached, outplayed and beaten beyond the scope of the game. The (University of) Pittsburgh Panthers night has well have played that game.

Rudolph - and Garrett - is lucky he was not injured. I don’t care what was said. Sticks and stones.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

Calling Lyle Alzado...
Old 11-15-2019, 08:19 AM

I’m a big football fan in general. But as an informed consumer I am truly disturbed by this incident and really fed up with pro sports in general.

I’m not naive—I know this is entertainment and all about the all mighty dollar. But this reckless, violent and aberrant behavior by highly compensated athletes has got to be dealt with. Throwing a $100k fine at someone who’s making multi millions is not punishment. A couple games suspension is not punishment. This guy, and all other violent players, need to be banned for life.

Our society has been built on actions and consequences, both positive and negative. Some may argue that in todays environment that’s changing but the NFL, the owners and the coaches need to begin dealing with this rash of ongoing and deliberate violence.

As much as anyone I appreciate a “colorful” personality and want to be entertained. For example, I think the new tolerance of TD celebrations is great.

I’m just really tired of the chest thumping, the first down signaling, the drama and theatrics and especially, the violent behavior. Tens of millions of fans won’t earn in their life time what some of these guys make in a year. We all deserve better from the NFL.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

I’m far more disturbed by the Tyreek Hills of the world who beat kids, or others who beat their wives, and the NFL does nothing. This is grown men in a brawl and while it got dangerous, and he should and will get suspended, I can see how this kind of thing happens on rare occasions.

Hardly the most outrageous incident in the world of NFL players. Banned for life? Not in my opinion. Banned for he rest of the season, absolutely. Banned for 16 games? Hmmm, ok. Maybe a bit much.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
“A good game to watch?!?”

Hardly - unless you’re a Browns fan.

Rudolph threw 4 interceptions, Pittsburgh’s O-Line is horrible, the offensive coordinator needs to GO and several key players left the field with concussions. They were out coached, outplayed and beaten beyond the scope of the game. The (University of) Pittsburgh Panthers night has well have played that game.

Rudolph - and Garrett - is lucky he was not injured. I don’t care what was said. Sticks and stones.
i disagree on one thing, pitt being out coached, freddie kitchen sink couldnt get much worse, 3 high end receivers and he kept pushing a useless running game, cleveland isnt going anywhere this year
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 11-15-2019, 10:29 AM

With no scratch in the game last night I simply clicked on it for the score. Ended up watching the whole game. I do not like injuries. Did not like the final 8 seconds. It was interesting. I may have to rethink my stance as a fan of football. I watched. I am a part of the machine. I also watch Orange County Housewives. Ok. You got me on that one and I apologize.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpspitfire View Post
i disagree on one thing, pitt being out coached, freddie kitchen sink couldnt get much worse, 3 high end receivers and he kept pushing a useless running game, cleveland isnt going anywhere this year
Kitchens is out of his league, but to be fair, their offense works far better when the run game gets going. Chubb is a stud.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s