The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Charter Member

Default not happy with amp tone..

For awhile I've not liked the way ANY of my acoustics sounded thru my Marshall Acoustic Amp. Just did like the tone. Today I got out my 8 year old Fender pass port pa out of the garage and tried it...WOW!!...they all sound great thru it....glad I didn't get rid of 5 guitars because of the amp....anyone else have this experience?
Old 03-18-2014, 06:57 PM

Yeah, I've tried over a dozen highly rated acoustic amps, and the only one I loved was the Jam 150. Now I'm using a Bose Tonematch going into an EV ZLX-12P and it sounds pretty good, especially the vocals.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:29 PM

Smile acoustic soud

Try a fishman S.A. 220 excellent acoustic sound my friend, I really like mine . I play a martin D28 1980 and a J-45 custom 2010 and a fender strat 1979. an audio technica artist elite mic A.E 650 and they all sound great

Last edited by robotgib; 03-18-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Guest 728

I was never happy with my Marshall, either. The Ultrasound I replaced it with has been great.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:46 PM

Love my new Loudbox Artist after trying out AER Compact 60/3, Roland AC-60, and others. The LBA was so much warmer than the others. I would love to try a Jam-150 but not available around here.

Hoffman L-00 w JJB
Kronbauer TDK w K&K
Martin OM-35 w K&K
Gibsons: J-150 w Fishman, CL-35 w JJB, Hummingbird w JJB, Les Paul Custom
Crafter TM-035 w JJB
Recording King ROS-647 w JJB
Voyage-Air OM-04, Washburn Red Rocker
Amps: Crate 2x12, Peaveys, LoudBox Artist
Pickups: JJB & K&K Mini
Callaway Big Bertha Clubs
Old 03-25-2014, 07:26 PM

Agree with all the comments on Fishmans. The whole series seems to have the mid control just right. The LB Mini can fill a LOT of space. The SA220 is unreal. Tried the AER and the EQ was really hard to get right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ongWriter View Post
For awhile I've not liked the way ANY of my acoustics sounded thru my Marshall Acoustic Amp. Just did like the tone. Today I got out my 8 year old Fender pass port pa out of the garage and tried it...WOW!!...they all sound great thru it....glad I didn't get rid of 5 guitars because of the amp....anyone else have this experience?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:13 AM

Just curious, if you ever liked the sound out of the Marshall. Only reason I ask is I've seen some reporting that the highs go out.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:47 AM

I bought a Fender acoustic amp too and though it had really nice delay effect, and superb vocal channel, my acoustic guitars just didn't sound great, although my Strat sounded really nice. Got better acoustic sound through a Crate amp, but even better through keyboard amps and using pedals for reverb, chorus, etc. Next up I'll try a Roland and a Yamaha for busking.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:28 PM

I have three different acoustic amps and I like all of them:

Fishman Loudbox Performer

ZT Lunchbox Acoustic

Fender Acoustasonic Jr DSP

All of my acoustic guitars have K&K Pure Minis in them. I just plug straight into each of these amps.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification