The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-16-2019, 02:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MChild62 View Post
company motto: created today to serve those born yesterday.
I thought it was, "There's a sucker born every minute, and we strive to bring music into every one of their lives..."
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 11-16-2019, 02:35 PM

Default Case too?

I have to agree, if you actually DO receive something, it would likely make a pretty nice wall hanger! (Because I can't see actually encasing a beautiful guitar when I'd much rather play it!). Question, for the money do they include the case also?

Seems legit. ;-)
Gibson SJ200 Custom Koa (2019)
M.J. Franks Heritage Grande (2015)
Martin J12-40 (1994)
Martin M36 (2011)
Martin D42K2 (2003)
Martin D45 (2009)
Martin D76 (1976)
Martin OM42 Koa (2005)
Taylor 810 (2000)
Yairi DY-91 Koa (2008)
Yamaha LL56 (2016)
Old 11-16-2019, 02:57 PM

Their prices don't make sense. Why would they want $91.00 for a D-15M and only $86.00 for a D-17M? Everybody knows that a D-17M costs way more than a D-15M. They're gonna lose money at this rate. duh
Old 11-16-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandardTuning View Post
Love the text of their return policy:

2.refund policy

According to the "Consumer Rights Protection Law", online shopping consumers are considered to be hesitant within 7 days (including 6 days, national holidays) from the date of receipt of the goods, but the hesitation period is not a trial period, especially based on information. The product (online course) involves copyright. When you use the course, including: login to the learning website, we are unable to process the return for you. Please return according to our application to ensure your rights. After receiving your return request, Customer Service will check it. If you meet the return conditions, please contact customer service to inform the refund process. Description of the return policy:

Full blown scam.
Agreed. This is all you need to know that it's a scam.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the site and went straight to the return policy page. Just read it and laugh.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:33 PM

A counterfeit guitar for less than $100?

I'll take one...

Monopoly-money.jpg
Old 11-16-2019, 03:53 PM

I ALWAYS WANTED A HUMMINGBIRD! NOW I CAN FINALLY AFFORD ONE !!!

hey maybe Eastman makes them for this company , ( yea I am dreaming)
Martin Custom Shop OO big leaf maple/alpine spruce
Old 11-16-2019, 04:06 PM
Charter Member

So. $100 doesn’t seem like much risk to some people.

But you know the seller is engaged in a criminal/scam business. Counterfeiting at the least. What you don’t know is what other illegal activity they are involved with or how your dollars are going to help them.

Why would anyone send $100 and support illegal, dishonest behavior? Literally, the only thing you know is that these kinds of sellers are engaged in a dishonest, illegal business. Not a good place to start...
Old 11-16-2019, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

I wouldn't even click on any of the "buttons" on this site...I'd be concerned with malware. Frankly, I'm already sorry I even visited it.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
You know, for less than $100 I might just give it a whirl. Sure, it's a gamble, but what's not in this life?

If nothing else, if something actually shows up, it might be a nice wall hanger.

Maybe it's time to finally get that SJ-200!
Isn't that exactly what the scammers behind that site want you to say to yourself?
You're about to reward them for their bad behavior.

Quote:
You should read my post about the Les Paul Custom friend of mine purchased.

He paid a fraction the cost of a new one, but the guitar is actually very nice and fools many who play it...
You don't have to justify your bad decision to us.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 11-16-2019, 06:35 PM

If it wasn't for the fear of identity theft (and not knowing the cost of shipping or if Customs will even let it into the country!) .. I'd buy one.

A Gibson SJ-200 for $88 ... that's a little over 2 sets of Martin Titanium strings!

If they actually do deliver a guitar with a case then I'd make it my project to get it playing and sounding the best I could.

Have fun with it - maybe learn a thing or two along the way.

If it turns out to be outstanding - and I seriously doubt it - I'll keep it.

Anything less than that and I'll happily donate it to the music dept at my local High School.

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird

Last edited by Brucebubs; 11-16-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny B View Post
A counterfeit guitar for less than $100?

I'll take one...

Attachment 29492
Lol!!Count me in too!
Old 11-16-2019, 07:42 PM

Man, the pricing is crazy on here. A Taylor 110e is $87, which seems a fair price. But add a cutaway (to a Taylor 110ce) and it rockets up to $779. The biggest % upcharge for a cutaway I've ever seen!

Old 11-17-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
Isn't that exactly what the scammers behind that site want you to say to yourself?
You're about to reward them for their bad behavior.

You don't have to justify your bad decision to us.
I'm not justifying anything. I merely related an example of how someone actually got a pretty nice guitar for less than $300.

The assertions that all of these sites are scammers and that all of the products are garbage are simply incorrect. No, the guitar my buddy got isn't a Gibson Les Paul Custom. But it's a nice electric guitar nonetheless.

As I said earlier, I e-mailed them some questions, so I'll see if they e-mail me back. My questions weren't at all cryptic, but their responses will be a good indicator of whether or not they're scammers...
Old 11-17-2019, 08:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm not justifying anything. I merely related an example of how someone actually got a pretty nice guitar for less than $300.

The assertions that all of these sites are scammers and that all of the products are garbage are simply incorrect. No, the guitar my buddy got isn't a Gibson Les Paul Custom. But it's a nice electric guitar nonetheless.

As I said earlier, I e-mailed them some questions, so I'll see if they e-mail me back. My questions weren't at all cryptic, but their responses will be a good indicator of whether or not they're scammers...
It's the internet... so people love giving their opinion on something they know little/nothing about.

I know a guy who's got a collection of Chibson LPs in various colors. He comes into my buddy's shop (an actual Gibson dealership) and buys pickups for the fakes. They are supposedly decent playing fakes. I looked one over pretty good. You can see a lot of flaws closeup, but back up a little and it's very hard to tell.

I also very nearly bought one from a local pawn shop years ago. They had advertised a $900 purple LP Custom on Craigslist. I was like "hmmm... I've never seen a purple LP Custom... I'll run down and have a look at this thing and buy it if I like it". I was skeptical of course. Sure enough, I spotted a bunch of telltale signs and warned the store that it was a fake and they needed to change their ad to reflect that. It disappeared for a while, and then ended up at one of their other stores... this time listed at $600, but no description change identifying it as a fake. Typical pawn shop stuff there.

Anyways, for $100-$200 the Chibsons aren't too bad. But my real Gibsons or Epiphones aren't in any danger of being replaced.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
It's the internet... so people love giving their opinion on something they know little/nothing about.

I know a guy who's got a collection of Chibson LPs in various colors. He comes into my buddy's shop (an actual Gibson dealership) and buys pickups for the fakes. They are supposedly decent playing fakes. I looked one over pretty good. You can see a lot of flaws closeup, but back up a little and it's very hard to tell.

I also very nearly bought one from a local pawn shop years ago. They had advertised a $900 purple LP Custom on Craigslist. I was like "hmmm... I've never seen a purple LP Custom... I'll run down and have a look at this thing and buy it if I like it". I was skeptical of course. Sure enough, I spotted a bunch of telltale signs and warned the store that it was a fake and they needed to change their ad to reflect that. It disappeared for a while, and then ended up at one of their other stores... this time listed at $600, but no description change identifying it as a fake. Typical pawn shop stuff there.

Anyways, for $100-$200 the Chibsons aren't too bad. But my real Gibsons or Epiphones aren't in any danger of being replaced.
They probably got burned by someone pawning it and they thought it was real. So instead of correcting they decide to turn around and screw someone else. Typical.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion