The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 03-12-2010, 05:37 AM

Smile Help needed with TABS

I know this is a long shot and a lot of a cheek but I have this song and I have been trying to learn it for years. Cant find TABS anywhere, then suddenly someone played it on guitar on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqWggHhfWsE

Can/will someone please write TABS for this. I can follow TABS but I cant 'hear' well enough to work it out myself. Never been good at playing by ear

Please ... please ... please
Old 03-12-2010, 08:22 AM

This book http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/...-Wales/2890860 contains the song. Sometimes you have to buy a whole book for one or two songs. Sheetmusicdirect.com and musicnotes.com have single sheets. But all of these are for keyboard. You could message the guy and ask him if he has a tab. The worst that can happen is he can say no or not answer. The other possibility is to watch his hands and the chords he forms, then the picking pattern. Good luck!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:25 PM

Hi thanks ... I did message him and he wrote back asking if I was welsh. I replied telling him that i was I just like the music and I've not heard anythng since. That was a few weeks ago.

I have tried to follow the chord pattern which I can just about follow in parts but the picking bit is proving very difficult.

Thanks anyway
Old 03-12-2010, 04:32 PM

There are pro transcribers who can do the job, if you're willing to pay.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write