The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-30-2003, 11:29 AM

Default ERNIE BALL ACOUSTIC STRINGS

Any one try these on there Taylors

Earthwood 80-20 Bronze

I heard Brad Paisely has the Medium gage on his Larrivee D-09 and from the sound clips I have heard they sounded pretty good any thoughts or opinion's on them.

Old 12-30-2003, 11:49 AM

Yup. They ain't bad. I've used .011's on my 454ce. They're bright and 'steely' sounding. 'Makes my 12 string sound a 'little' like an autoharp. They're ok strings.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:20 PM

I have used them on occasion. I think they are on par with other large manufactures strings. I really like their tone for about 3 days then, as uncoated strings do, they fade fast.

If I remember correctly, their light guage is the same as most others custom lights. I like custom lights and think thats why I tried them the first time.

I've said this many times before but I must say it again. I can tell little difference in any of the top manufactures uncoated strings.
PB's in one brand sounds about the same as PB's in another brand to my ears. None last me more than a week, but I love the sound of fresh strings. Many blues players and others actually prefer an old string sound. (whatever floats your boat)

Scott
Old 12-30-2003, 03:07 PM

thanks for the replies

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification