The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 11-09-2023, 06:36 AM

Default Fabio Mittino | Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, Prélude (J.S.Bach)

From the album "Out of the Blue"
You can download it here: fabiomittino.com/music

The recording features the D'Aquisto Blue Centura Deluxe, played with the plectrum-style techinique.

Please share it if you liked it!
Thanks!

Old 11-09-2023, 02:38 PM

Beautiful!
Old 11-10-2023, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyrama View Post
Beautiful!
Thank you very much!
Old 11-10-2023, 06:33 AM

Beautifully done! Thank you for sharing!
Old 11-11-2023, 05:16 AM

I'm going to assume woland and Fabio are one and the same. Therefore Woland/Fabio your videos on YouTube are among my favorites. You along with Rob Mackillop are people who inspire me to pick up my guitars every day.

Also I want to know how you came up with the album title "Simple Music for Difficult People".
Old 11-14-2023, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

Wonderful in every way!
Old 11-22-2023, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclistbrian View Post
I'm going to assume woland and Fabio are one and the same. Therefore Woland/Fabio your videos on YouTube are among my favorites. You along with Rob Mackillop are people who inspire me to pick up my guitars every day.

Also I want to know how you came up with the album title "Simple Music for Difficult People".
Hello!
Thank you very much, you're very kind and I'm glad you like my music!

I came up with this project name many years ago (I've done 7 volumes so far), while I was showering. I was thinking how I could describe my music with few words
Old 11-22-2023, 06:48 AM

I'm usually partial against playing Bach on guitar but I must admit this sounds really nice (to defend myself to myself: I listened while cooking so with background noise and in a good mood ). Either way, I think that if you do play early music on guitar it better be a contemporary instrument rather than a standard classical guitar (very much a late 19th century instrument IMHO) with maybe a number of strings added!

I don't know if you mostly avoided the plain wire trebles on purpose (or if you even have only 2 of them with the tuning you use) but the result is that I hear less of the jingle-jangly sound signature those give and that is so often not appropriate in classical music.

(PS: thank you Fabio for not calling this "Bach in Blue" )

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 11-22-2023, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
I'm usually partial against playing Bach on guitar but I must admit this sounds really nice (to defend myself to myself: I listened while cooking so with background noise and in a good mood ). Either way, I think that if you do play early music on guitar it better be a contemporary instrument rather than a standard classical guitar (very much a late 19th century instrument IMHO) with maybe a number of strings added!

I don't know if you mostly avoided the plain wire trebles on purpose (or if you even have only 2 of them with the tuning you use) but the result is that I hear less of the jingle-jangly sound signature those give and that is so often not appropriate in classical music.

(PS: thank you Fabio for not calling this "Bach in Blue" )
Yes, I only have two plain strings... I use them only at the very end

PS: You're welcome! I think "Out of the Blue" is cheesy enough, but "Bach in Blue" would it be terrible indeed!
Old 11-22-2023, 11:30 AM

Great. Thanks for posting that!
Old 11-22-2023, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woland View Post
Yes, I only have two plain strings... I use them only at the very end
I noticed, and I think that's why even my lutenist friend liked your interpretation (she usually dislikes the sound of steel strings, and plays this piece on theorbo).

BTW, my favourite interpretation is on a "knee guitar" - the one by Paolo Pandolfo.

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 11-23-2023, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

Wonderful. I really enjoy that.

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops