The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-28-2019, 07:23 AM

There is an Alamo Music Youtube demo of the Acoustasonic vs. a T5z. The Acoustasonic can't do a neck electric pickup jazz tone which the T5z could. Both had decent bridge electric tones. But, it was no contest on convincing acoustic tones. The T5z was not even close or even particularly acoustic sounding with the Acoustasonic as the benchmark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEFmBIXxAU8
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 01-28-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Are you referring to the images on the Acoustasonic? It seems to just be a variation of Aura. There's a product demo where the designers discuss how they auditioned numerous images and found the ones that worked best. I am sure it's very similar to how Aura works. I know Fishman always used to say that images should be matched up with specific body shapes but I think they quickly discovered that this isn't always the case.
There's a distinction between Aura SI (SI for sound imaging) and Aura IC (IC for image casting). I just presumed that the AAT employed some advanced form of Aura IC, as its definitely modeling bigger guitars. Perhaps Aero has some inside info from Fishman which the rest of us haven't been privy to. I look forward to his demo.

In any event, hearing is believing. Whatever electronic magic the Fishman folks have bestowed upon the AAT, its more convincing and advanced than the Aura IC which we've heard in the past with the Godin Duet Ambiance Multiacs and other thin-bodied hybrid guitars which employ Aura IC.

Here's a link to Fishman's info on the Aura IC technology:

https://www.fishman.com/fishman-equi...ng-system-oem/

Last edited by guitaniac; 01-28-2019 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:13 AM

Five Star Guitars has also done a pretty nice demo of this guitar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Vof5UeZlA

The acoustic tones sound pretty darn good in this demo. I'm really interested in trying one of these soon.
2023 Cole Clark True Hybrid
Fender Acoustasonic Strat
Line6HX Stomp
BeatBuddy
Boss RC-500
EV Evolve 30M
Old 01-29-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonD View Post
Five Star Guitars has also done a pretty nice demo of this guitar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Vof5UeZlA

The acoustic tones sound pretty darn good in this demo. I'm really interested in trying one of these soon.
I agree on the excellence of the demo. He not only explained the operation of the guitar well, but he also chose good playing examples to demonstrate the utility of each voice.

He did screw up on Larry Fishman's name, but that's easily forgiven.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:57 AM

Does the signal for this guitar come out mono and then go straight to a guitar amp?
Old 01-29-2019, 10:05 AM
Charter Member

Yes it’s mono
Old 01-29-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Does the signal for this guitar come out mono and then go straight to a guitar amp?
Yes, it comes out mono and you can take it straight to an amp, a PA mixer or direct-to-recorder if you please. Mitch Gallager of Sweetwater said the signal was going straight to their Zoom video cam during his interview with Fender's Brian Swerdfeger. (I presume they split the signal and also ran it to an amp so they could monitor the amplified sound while recording the interview.)

My biggest reservation at this point seems to be a possible string balance issue for some of the guitars. One of the buyers has reported a weak high 'e' string, and Aero has observed that the AAT models which he auditioned at NAMM seemed to all have a weak high 'e'.

While exploring OneThing's inside-the-guitar pics on the general discussion page, we noticed that the hole for the UST lead is drilled from the treble end of the saddle slot. Its been my experience that the access holes for Matrix UST leads are typically drilled from the bass end of the saddle slot, so I'm wondering if the atypical installation method may have something to do with the weak high 'e' issue (if indeed there is a general issue) which Aero and one buyer have noticed. Its relevant to point out that OneThing has observed good string balance for his own AAT.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

I’m recieving one today to review on my channel so we will find out.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I’m recieving one today to review on my channel so we will find out.
I'm looking forward to the review. Whatever the glitches, the AAT definitely seems like a big step up the area of comfy little hybrid guitars which can model bigger guitars for live performance or direct recording.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification