The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-28-2019, 12:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Ultrasound AG50DS4 Acoustic Amplifier

I am selling an Ultrasound AG50DS4 amp, and someone on the forum asked me where it was manufactured. I don't have the original box it came in, and the Serial # is 72007. Does anyone have any idea how to tell where it was manufactured?
Thanks,
Clifford
Old 01-28-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
I am selling an Ultrasound AG50DS4 amp, and someone on the forum asked me where it was manufactured. I don't have the original box it came in, and the Serial # is 72007. Does anyone have any idea how to tell where it was manufactured?
Thanks,
Clifford
The original designer (and, I believe, owner of Ultrasound) of that amp is Greg Farres. He sold the company some years ago, and the amps started getting made in China, though the Chinese-made ones are nearly identical to the originals, as far as I can tell (I have one).

Greg has an electronics company now called GMF Music. I emailed him there with a detailed question (how to disable the 9V phantom power), and I got an exact answer very quickly. He can probably tell you what you need to know.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for the information.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification