The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-19-2018, 07:48 AM

For some reason, they seem to be pretty rare & seldom seen in stores. I just stumbled upon my S & P Showcase CH at the local GC, it was barely used.

20 minutes after trying it, I had to have it. Once it got a good set-up, it became a serious keeper for me.

Another interesting thing is that quite a few of the S &P that I see up for sale on E-bay are being sold out of Japan.
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 10-19-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slooky View Post
I just ordered the Simon and Patrick woodland pro parlor. All solid wood. 12 fret . Hope to have it in a few weeks.
I have one of these I bought used, and it is one of my most frequent players. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine!
Old 10-19-2018, 07:02 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadysSolo View Post
I have one of these I bought used, and it is one of my most frequent players. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine!
I am sure I am going to like it. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:21 AM

I had a S&P and folk. I had played electrics for 12 years. The S&P was my first acoustic. It was wonderful, so wonderful that I had to buy additional acoustics. I sold it to buy my first Larrivee (I now have two). If it wasn't such a great guitar I may have stayed with electrics. Who knows? BTW Godin electrics and acoustics are great guitars.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:24 PM

I've played enough of both models and personally I would opt for the Yamaha L series (even the ll6 is good too if you have a tight budget). I don't know what kind of sound that you are after but the L series generally have a lusher tone whereas S&P guitars general sound more natural and woody.

For build quality, one reference point (my own reference point at least) is to feel the unfinished side of the top wood and see which one is smoother.

Yamaha guitars are more consistent in their quality and they are generally less sensitive to humidity changes. If you bring your guitars out a lot, they are a good choice.

I'm not saying S&P guitars are not good. Try them out and see which one you prefer!

Happy guitar hunting!
Old 10-21-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slooky View Post
I just ordered the Simon and Patrick woodland pro parlor. All solid wood. 12 fret . Hope to have it in a few weeks.
Sweet! Create a NGD thread when it comes in.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicwu View Post
I've played enough of both models and personally I would opt for the Yamaha L series (even the ll6 is good too if you have a tight budget). I don't know what kind of sound that you are after but the L series generally have a lusher tone whereas S&P guitars general sound more natural and woody.

For build quality, one reference point (my own reference point at least) is to feel the unfinished side of the top wood and see which one is smoother.

Yamaha guitars are more consistent in their quality and they are generally less sensitive to humidity changes. If you bring your guitars out a lot, they are a good choice.

I'm not saying S&P guitars are not good. Try them out and see which one you prefer!

Happy guitar hunting!
I was searching for a 12 fret. Yamaha doesn't have a 12 fret.Natural and woody? What more could you ask for?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion