The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-24-2021, 03:23 PM
Guest 928

Default Enya concert ukulele

My daughter is interested in the ukulele. Do any of you have experience with the Enya Concert or recommendations?
Old 04-24-2021, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
My daughter is interested in the ukulele. Do any of you have experience with the Enya Concert or recommendations?
No experience with the Enya, but you can't go wrong with a Fluke.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 04-24-2021, 05:27 PM
Guest 928

Eats;

Thanks for the recommendation. I've seen the Fluke and find it pretty neat. However, I do not want to go to that price point until I'm certain my daughter's going to stick with it. I'm looking for a good beginners uke.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Eats;

Thanks for the recommendation. I've seen the Fluke and find it pretty neat. However, I do not want to go to that price point until I'm certain my daughter's going to stick with it. I'm looking for a good beginners uke.
Understood. Beyond recommending Fluke, I’m completely out of my depth. I hear that this is the place to hang out:

https://www.forum.ukuleleunderground.com/

Oh, and you can call me David.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 04-24-2021, 05:37 PM

I bought a white Enya uke about a year and a half ago, but never play it. It seems nice, but I much prefer guitar. I might be interested in selling the Enya since in never use it and now have carbon guitars.

Yes, The Fluke! Years ago, I worked on the 3D CAD models for some of the parts of the Fluke and the Flea. Does that make me a luthier...or a ukeier? Probably not...I was just an engineer that worked with Dale Webb before he got into making instruments.
Rick
'02 Martin HD-28
'08 Martin 000X1
'16 Guild F-1512E
'18 Breedlove Oregon Concert Myrtlewood
'20 Eastman E1D
'20 Journey OF660
'18 RainSong BI-WS1000N2
Old 04-24-2021, 05:45 PM
Guest 928

Thanks for the continued input. I was just on Amazon and ran across a Paisen Concert Uke with a 5 star rating (which is pretty rare). Anyone have experience with the Paisen?

I'm now headed for the recommended uke site...............
Old 04-24-2021, 06:13 PM

I own the black Enya carbon concert and it is the best sounding non-wood uke under $1000 that I have played. Ukulele playing friends agree and three of them own plastic up to expensive carbon fiber ukes. I come from a ukulele background and own a lot of ukes. A number are custom builds running $2k-4k, I only say this to give perspective. If you want a great worry free knock about uke that sound and plays way way above it’s price this is the one
Old 04-24-2021, 06:27 PM

The Enya ukes have a reputation for being good value and playable instruments at rock bottom prices. There is little risk of getting one and if it does not get played by your daughter can be given away to someone more interested. However, it may be more fun to go and support your local music store and check out some entry level ukes with her there rather than just order something online.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:12 AM
Guest 928

I appreciate all the help. Unfortunately my daughter lives a thousand miles away and so there's no going on a ukulele-shopping-field-trip.

I find the Enya to be fetching, but ended up ordering the Paisen because I think it will have the greater appeal to the recipient.

Many years ago I bought my daughter a guitar. She played for a while, but not for long. Once in a while she'll pull it out of the closet and play for a while. In short, she's not a dedicated musician--but that's OK, that she keeps the guitar and once in a while finds herself making music is good enough for me. Maybe the Ukulele will add to her musical reach.
Old 04-25-2021, 11:39 AM

Search for Enya and Paisen reviews at Gotaukulele
2014 Fender Concert Pro (New Hartford) - red spruce, mahogany
Old 04-25-2021, 03:25 PM
Guest 928

Thank you
Casual. From the reviews I would guess that the Enya is better than the Paisen. Bu for a beginner I think the Paisen will work.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:18 PM
Guest 928

On second thought, the feedback here and further examination of various reviews have led me to cancel the Paisen order and going for the Enya. In particular, thank you Dave.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:47 AM

Quote:
On second thought, the feedback here and further examination of various reviews have led me to cancel the Paisen order and going for the Enya. In particular, thank you Dave.
Glad I could be of some help. I am sure your daughter will enjoy it.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:22 AM
Guest 928

Daughter received the uke--she loves it, all is well. I wish Enya made a baritone.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:33 PM
Guest 928

And so, in continuing to check out ukuleles I just ran across a Muslady Populele U2 23 inch on Amazon...interesting......just thought you'd be interested.........

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber