The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-18-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I'm going to get it cleaned up tonight then let the glue set and string it up in the morning and see how it is.
Well, how is it? Don't keep us in suspense!
Old 05-18-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Six View Post
Well, how is it? Don't keep us in suspense!
I'm afraid it needs a neck reset unfortunately. I have the truss rod maxed and it still has a ton of relief and the action is still really high with very little saddle showing. The string spacing feels really tight for what I do. I will probably take it to my tech and see what it would take to put it back in playing condition, but even if I do, it's not a guitar I would play much. I don't see myself spending a lot on it. It does sound good though.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:55 AM

Default A thought

A professional neck reset, and the broken heel can be fixed at the same time. OP mentions trying to set the action with the truss rod. Dead end. The truss rod controls relief, nothing else.

A treasure!
Old 05-18-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I'm afraid it needs a neck reset unfortunately. I have the truss rod maxed and it still has a ton of relief and the action is still really high with very little saddle showing. The string spacing feels really tight for what I do. I will probably take it to my tech and see what it would take to put it back in playing condition, but even if I do, it's not a guitar I would play much. I don't see myself spending a lot on it. It does sound good though.
'80s Yairis tend to have epoxied necks, making a neck reset unfeasible. See what your tech says, but it may be fit only for decoration.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion