The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-19-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnaudio View Post
The LD-1 LineDriver is purely a FET buffer and has minimal frequency shaping. The circuity is contained inside the cover shell of the endpin jack and is designed to feed external pedals, EQ's and effects. The 9V battery will last ~1100 hours, or in another measure many string changes.

The TD-1 ToneDriver is an inboard preamp provides gain, bass and treble EQ. It provides a reasonable frequency shaping and is designed as a simple 'plug and play' solution.

All Sunnaudio preamps provide tremendous dynamic range (>104dB) and will preserve your playing style and the pickup's tone.

Cheers,
Sunny
Perfect, thanks! I have the LD-1 so I just wanted to make sure it had the correct impedance matching preamp and the ability to drive longer cable runs. This info is very much appreciated!
Old 05-19-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I think I remember reading about this already, but can't find it. I am just wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between the LD-1 preamp and TD-1 preamp other than the additional bass/treble controls on the TD-1? I have read a lot of positive reviews for what the Sunnaudio preamps do for the Dazzo so just hoping the LD-1 does the same basic thing as the TD-1.

Also, is the LD/TD-1 attached with Velcro?
I will say there is essentially no difference besides the adjustment wheels. I have attached them with the double sided foamy tape. They say velcro. I am a bit creative about cutting up the pieces in a way that navigate around the internal bracing of whatever instrument I fasten it too.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful
Old 05-19-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg67 View Post
problem is Teddy doesn't live in Melbourne Fl. seems like you have to mess with the placement to get it just right. know anybody in this area who can handle it?
Here is the deal. I am not terribly gifted in working with my hands in this way. When I am slow and careful I can handle thee kinds of jobs. There are videos to help you with the install. Teddy also handles the phone calls and will do anything to help you get them installed correctly. Installation takes 30 minutes if you follow Teddy's advice. You need a step bit to drill the hole. If you order them pre soldered to an end pin than all you need is the 6 minute epoxy. If you are patient and willing to let your ear guide you, you will be able to do a good install. In more than a dozen installs, I have redone two of them in order to make it sound better. He has a good "textbook" location for a starting point. His method allows you to make adjustments before the glue dries. I have probably took the time to describe the process in a thread in the past. But Teddy can do explain it best.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification