The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 03-19-2022, 06:28 AM
Charter Member

Question Amazon Music with Bose Speakers

I've been using Spotify for a couple of years with two Bose Soundtouch 10 speakers set up as as a stereo pair for casual background listening. Works great.

I'm now in a free trial period with Amazon Unlimited Music, but haven't been able to connect the Amazon Music app with my Bose speakers. Amazon Music only wants to connect to Alexa based speakers. Bose has an app for Soundtouch speakers that can connect to an Amazon Music account, but the Bose user interface is really basic - poor graphics, minimal controls, no volume equalization, etc.

I've scoured the interwebs looking for a hack, but found nothing so far. I'm not a fan of voice activated devices, so I want to leave Alexa out of it.

Does anybody know of a way to get the Amazon Music app to connect directly to Bose speakers?
Old 03-27-2022, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

Im no tech guru, but neither have I heard of music platforms limiting output devices. Wouldnt surprise me though…

Sounds like the issue might be on the device’s preferences? Im sorry if I missed what device you are using. My new macbook automatically changes if I use an audio interface for a soundcard (if that term is even in use nowadays) and sounds really nice with whatever speakers, monitors, headphones I choose…

Try dropping down your preferences, and sound category, and see if your speakers (or ext device) is an option.

If amazon really wants you to use only their device…well, you have a decision to make…
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 03-27-2022, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
Im no tech guru, but neither have I heard of music platforms limiting output devices. Wouldnt surprise me though…

Sounds like the issue might be on the device’s preferences? Im sorry if I missed what device you are using. My new macbook automatically changes if I use an audio interface for a soundcard (if that term is even in use nowadays) and sounds really nice with whatever speakers, monitors, headphones I choose…

Try dropping down your preferences, and sound category, and see if your speakers (or ext device) is an option.

If amazon really wants you to use only their device…well, you have a decision to make…

It's not limiting the device I use, it won't let me connect the device to my Bose wifi speakers.

When I used the Spotify app from my windows laptop or my android phone or tablet it worked just like your macbook - it would discover any wifi speakers available on my network and let me choose.

The Amazon Music app doesn't seem able to discover any speaker other than each device's onboard sound. It doesn't matter whether I use the windows app or android. I can't find any settings or preferences in either app to connect to my wifi speakers. The only mention I can find online to connecting speakers involves Alexa, which I don't use.

I must be missing something...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN