The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-07-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mykey View Post
Thank you so much for your work on this book. It's a fantastic resource. It's great to see so much attention given to explaining and notating Bert's idiosyncrasies and variations. Any plans for a follow up book?
Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: I'll believe when I see it. Or rather, when a publisher gives us a go ahead for it. 30 tunes are fully prepared - i.e. already "planned" - just awaiting professional consultation. (The 24 in the first book underwent some very minor tweaks after consultation with the publisher's rep: an expert on both Bert and notation.)

The Bert Jansch Foundation - the ones who commissioned me in the first place - are currently more keen on other ways of promoting his legacy, and I get the feeling that publishers don't regard a second volume as a strong commercial proposition. The first volume was extremely well received, but didn't exactly sell out. You can now buy it (new) for somewhat less than the original price.

I also have a ton of other Bert transcriptions - not all complete, but there's very few of his recordings which I haven't tackled to some degree.

I'm happy to supply any of these transcriptions (including the kinds of background info and tips supplied in the book) to anyone who wants one, but I'm afraid I will have to charge. Obviously copyright is involved (the BJF and several different publishers of his music), and I'm happy to pass on any reasonable percentage of anything I might earn. I have no desire or intention to rip anyone off. And if the copyright holders object, well then, they only have to get off their arses and do some publishing themselves! (The stuff is all here ready...)

Seriously, anyone reading this, PM me and we can discuss terms. A full list of all the tabs I have is too long to post here, but I can send it to anyone who wants.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write