The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-07-2019, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Because of Kramster?
You can't pin that on Kramster - he was just a kid in 1912. His third grade teacher related this: "The boy ain't right. He says someday guitars will be made of something besides wood, and he's going to own all of 'em. What an imagination."
Old 12-07-2019, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=Captain Jim;6232218]You can't pin that on Kramster - he was just a kid in 1912. His third grade teacher related this: "The boy ain't right. He says someday guitars will be made of something besides wood, and he's going to own all of 'em. What an imagination."[/QUOTE

A few corrections/additions...If I may and I believe I may...

Twas my second third grade teacher (Miss Appletree), first one (Miss Wood) was too upset with my prediction and did not want to change her name to Miss Composite, let alone marry a guy with such a name.

"The boy ain't right." Is not quite correct (prolly an early spell check error of yore) ... "The boy is always right and a lefty... oh and very dapper and a fine looking Mensa with tremendous abilities and talent and foresight and...etc...etc..." was actual quote as I remember it.

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 12-07-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:14 PM

All I got was "Oscar would really be doing exceptionally well if only he applied himself...."
000-Nylon, All Mahogany custom, 000-15SM, D16-GT (resto mod in progress), D15-M, Stinger SSL electric....
And a Kobza, Bouzouki, Hurdy Gurdy and something medieval looking.....
www.woodenshoe.blog
Old 12-07-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
All I got was "Oscar would really be doing exceptionally well if only he applied himself...."
I never got that one... well not the "Oscar" part.. ok the rest of it with my name ..only maybe only a couple ...I mean with every report card ...sigh..

Every time I applied it was with glue applied to some paper...and usually on the wrong side (I am left handed after all ).

But it worked out..we have CF guitars. We win!!

Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=kramster;6232365]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
You can't pin that on Kramster - he was just a kid in 1912. His third grade teacher related this: "The boy ain't right. He says someday guitars will be made of something besides wood, and he's going to own all of 'em. What an imagination."[/QUOTE

A few corrections/additions...If I may and I believe I may...

Twas my second third grade teacher (Miss Appletree), first one (Miss Wood) was too upset with my prediction and did not want to change her name to Miss Composite, let alone marry a guy with such a name.

"The boy ain't right." Is not quite correct (prolly an early spell check error of yore) ... "The boy is always right and a lefty... oh and very dapper and a fine looking Mensa with tremendous abilities and talent and foresight and...etc...etc..." was actual quote as I remember it.

I will, of course, go with your memory, since I wasn't born, yet. Don't be concerned that I had to spend hours looking through archived school reports from that era. Who knew that "Kramster" was a popular name back then, second only to Wilbur?

I did find out that Mensa was not founded until 1946, but the word mensa means "table" in Latin... so, your 2nd 3rd grade teacher thought you were a table... well, a fine-looking table. She ain't right, neither.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
And, here's the link to this weeks (early) shipping video.... Hot off the press...
I'm 3:30 in......
"I'm 3:3 in...." You've already become one with your new guitar! Talk about bonding.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon

Last edited by KarenB; 12-08-2019 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=Captain Jim;6232644]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post

I did find out that Mensa was not founded until 1946, but the word mensa means "table" in Latin... so, your 2nd 3rd grade teacher thought you were a table... well, a fine-looking table. She ain't right, neither.

What she meant was they were tabling the whole Mensa thing till more could be included..only fair to others and I concurred

Old 12-07-2019, 09:42 PM

Mensa, Mesa, Table, Tableau...
That's what it's all about.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 12-07-2019, 10:01 PM

My LAVA ME 2 (times, I'm going away) is texting me from China.... I will save you all the work.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 11.01.07 PM.png (8.0 KB, 67 views)
000-Nylon, All Mahogany custom, 000-15SM, D16-GT (resto mod in progress), D15-M, Stinger SSL electric....
www.woodenshoe.blog
Old 12-08-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
Mensa, Mesa, Table, Tableau...
After I put my left foot in and shook it all about...

See what Oscar started here with this thread....darn new guys...fitting in so fast!

Old 12-08-2019, 07:40 AM

Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 12-08-2019, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
After I put my left foot in and shook it all about...

See what Oscar started here with this thread....darn new guys...fitting in so fast!

As far as the Lava Me, I don't think of the Doors, I lean more towards Jimmy Buffet's Volcano: "You better lava me now, or lava me not..."
Old 12-10-2019, 05:15 PM

So fellow waiters...

Anyone see any news yet?

I'm still :

17:00 on 06 December 2019

Your item was dispatched from the international transit hub in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB
Old 12-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

Do you still have the Koa top X30 Bongo?
Old 12-10-2019, 06:01 PM

Yes, same here. But I only check it.... eh, 126 times a day so, let me see.... nope. No change. They are either sitting in a ULD ramp side (checked out packed up) at LHR waiting for a ride, in the air, or sitting ramp side here in the US at a port of entry waiting to get unpacked and checked in.
www.woodenshoe.blog

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber