The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-11-2018, 07:45 AM

Guess I could post a tease shot of testing red on Ziricote.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:29 AM

Eatswodo, that's a great pic! I played a Washburn acoustic with an arm bevel and I was really amazed by how comfortable it made the guitar. Ever since then, I've been obsessed with getting a guitar with one. I almost went with a Taylor until I found Emerald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Is that for the upcoming NGD celebration (and you have to wait for the beer ) OR something to keep you occupied while you wait?

Is it just me? I am picturing you crossing off each day on the calendar, like a scene from an old prison movie?

As our buddy Evan relates: the wait is easier when you have an Emerald (or two) to keep you entertained. As I continue to umm... mature, waiting for a two-day delivery from Amazon Prime gets me all antsy. Yeah, you better have one of those hefeweizen brews to calm your nerves.

Maybe we can consider this thread "a support group"?
The answer is "all of the above!" Hahaha. A support group would be great but you guys don't seem to understand how they work. Posting pics is the opposite of "support."
Old 07-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwild View Post
Eatswodo, that's a great pic! I played a Washburn acoustic with an arm bevel and I was really amazed by how comfortable it made the guitar. Ever since then, I've been obsessed with getting a guitar with one. I almost went with a Taylor until I found Emerald.

The answer is "all of the above!" Hahaha. A support group would be great but you guys don't seem to understand how they work. Posting pics is the opposite of "support."
Really? I find this soothing...

If I could find the photo, I would post one of my first nice acoustic (a Gibson) with the crack in the top. Wood. Yeah... CF - it's worth the wait.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Guest 928

Excellent support work Jim! One day Acwild will look back and realize just how much we've helped him through his wait of pain. Hopefully, in the future, he can help us help others in the same situation.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Excellent support work Jim! One day Acwild will look back and realize just how much we've helped him through his wait of pain. Hopefully, in the future, he can help us help others in the same situation.
Oh, I’m totally going to “help” others when my guitar comes in.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Oh, I’m totally going to “help” others when my guitar comes in.
When you get your guitar, you will just be giddy. You don't mean to cause others any angst, you are just happy to show it.

I am a bit confused, though... is it the "wait of pain" or the "pain of wait"?

Old 07-15-2018, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

So, 4 days later now... how ya doing?
Old 07-15-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
So, 4 days later now... how ya doing?
The agony is real and drowning in one's sorrows is overrated. :-(
Old 07-15-2018, 02:56 PM
Guest 928

Might be better to try drowning in tequila--it mixes nicely with salt.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:55 AM

In the immortal words of Jay Walker "Alcohol will soften the glue and ganga smoke will make it stink. But, shrooms will turn your picking hand into a metronome."
Old 07-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Guest 928

jw;

Another nice helping hand. I think we're doing a nice job of helping acwild through his pain.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:37 PM
Charter Member

Hi, I was planning on placing an order for an X7 today or tomorrow. I couldn't find payment info on the Emerald website though. Out of curiosity, do you pay just a deposit to place the order or is the payment in full at the time of order?

PS congratulations on your order and I hope the waiting goes easy for you. I had a custom Moore Bettah ukulele built, it took me five years to get it between time begging to get on the list, on the waitlist and construction. The last three months **** near killed me. I even made an iPod playlist of songs about waiting, looks like I'll be revisiting that playlist for this guitar.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 07-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Guest 928

Oh Wicked,

Can you put those ipod revelations on this site?

I've always paid 1/2 down on my 5 custom Emeralds. However, a production model may require a full down stroke.

I'd order while the ordering is good. The relationships of the world are changing rapidly and I suspect it's best to get what you want now.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:04 PM
Guest 928

I suspect I have the record for waiting. I waited almost a year just to get a guitar from Nevada to Florida. I can't tell you how long I've waited for my various Emerald guitars. The wait was unimportant. Oh, I fretted a bit. But how often do you get the chance to order exactly what you want?

And so I taunt you youngsters awaiting your musical carriage. Call 1-800-boo-hoo. In the meantime, I'll just keep torturing, mocking, and having a great deal of fun at your expense. You can get your money back at the door. Harr Harr!
Old 07-16-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
jw;

Another nice helping hand. I think we're doing a nice job of helping acwild through his pain.
Hahahaha, the entertainment here does help.
Wicked, I spoke with an Emerald rep using the Chat Online function. He sent me a PayPal bill and I paid it in full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber