The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-25-2018, 04:58 PM

Default Journey Instruments OF660 - with sound clip

I have been going crazy for a while for a good camping and beach guitar that sounds good, is lightweight, plays nice and that wont get messed up with temperature and humidity swings. So I decided to spring for carbon fiber guitar.

The journey ticked all the boxes for me. Not only for a camping and beach guitar but also for business trips. I spend a few weeks a year traveling to nebraska for work and it can be incredible boring sitting in a hotel after a day of work and there is only so much to do in Nebraska and so much steak you eat - So it will be nice to bring a guitar with me!!

I always appreciate hearing samples on the internet of instruments even if instruments can vary from one to the next - It always helps with shopping.. At least for me.. So I decided to take a sound clip of it and hope it will help someone else in the search for a travel guitar.

I am somewhat blown away by how good this guitar sounds, especially for what it is.. a plastic guitar that comes apart!! Just all around fun to play and refreshing. I am really surprised how this guitar for its size does not have that boxy, nasally sound that most travel guitars have.. Im sure im not saying much from what has already been said about this guitar in other reviews.. Its a keeper fro sure (although GAS has taught me I should never say this).

This is the tune Hana in Open D by Masaaki Kishibe - I am really surprised at how well this guitar handles open tunings!

Old 03-25-2018, 06:46 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful playing...regardless of which guitar you use? Glad the Journey works for you...and thanks for sharing!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:25 PM

Thank! Appreciate it!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

Very nicely done! I think the Journey sounds like the perfect choice for you. I've been a huge fan of travel guitars for over a decade. They serve an invaluable purpose... I hope you enjoy this one for a long time.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:53 AM

Thanks! I can wait for my next trip.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
journey of660