The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-09-2011, 09:07 AM

Default Bose Quiet Comfort 15 Headphones For Home Studio Monitoring . . . Good Idea?

I'm looking at getting the Bose Quiet Comfort 15 headphones (primarily) for use on airplanes and other noisy environments.

I'm wondering if they will have any application as monitoring cans in my home studio? Would any 'noise-cancelling' headphones be effective for monitoring?
Old 12-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

Even if they were able to do that (which I don't think they could) why mask your ears from any noise that the microphones will still be recording?

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above

Last edited by rick-slo; 12-09-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:45 PM

In my experience, all Bose does to their headphones is basically make heaphones that have slightly better bass response and slightly better treble response, but they scoop the mids, the sound you're hearing is not the sound that is really there. Just my 2 cents

the best monitoring headphones are ones that will give you a flat response across all frequencies (very difficult to do, but worth it on higher end headphones) Bose is not flat, just hyped.

Formerly known as, "Will Kirk"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD