The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-30-2018, 12:57 PM
Charter Member

Default NAD: Fishman Artist 100

I just bought a Fishman Artist 100 amp earlier today. I bought it new after demoing 1 in the store. I thought it sounded great.

I considered many other options including the Bose L1 clones. I decided to get this type amp because of the small size, eaze of setting up, and reasonable price.

I'll be testing it out at home this weekend, then putting it to the test at a wedding on Sept 7.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:30 PM

Congratulations on your new amp. I purchased the Artist 120 model about 2 weeks ago. Thus far I am enjoying it, mostly tinkering around in the home for the time being. I've taken it out to a jam twice and it seems to be just what I desired it to be.

Enjoy your new amp.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Charter Member

They make the ARTIST model in both 100 and 120???
Old 09-03-2018, 03:17 AM

No. Only the Artist which is 120 watts. They dropped the reference go wattage years ago

2015 Larrivee OM40 WL
2015 Seagull Performer Mini Jumbo Q1T
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Yamaha DBR10 powered speakers
Behringer XR12 digital mixer
M Audio Bass Traveller headamps with Shure IEM's
Old 09-03-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovekings View Post
No. Only the Artist which is 120 watts. They dropped the reference go wattage years ago
Yes, the amp has labelling only indicating "Artist". I was curious though about my receipt. Upon looking at it, it indicates: Fishman Loudbox Artist 120W 1 X 8 Acoustic Combo.

The projection of the sound and tone is good for this amp, my opinion only. I am using an 814 and a T5 with the amp while experimenting.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

I've been putting the Artist through it's paces this weekend. So far It's working out great. I've played my Fishman Matrix equipped guitars directly into the amp with great results. I've also played my K&K equipped Gibson AJ through the amp using an LR Baggs Para DI preamp. The preamp runs off the phantom power from the amp so no battery is needed. I have other phantom powered preamps and DI's so this feature is a must.

I connected a volume pedal into the effects loop. I prefer it this way as it doesnt change the input impedance that the pickup sees. I also tested out the footswitch. The jack is TRS and works with a dual footswitch or 2 singles. I'm using a pair of Boss FS5L switches. 1 mutes the amp and the other turns effect 2 on/off.

I also connected my wireless mic reciever to the AUX input. Since the amp only has 2 channels the Aux channel is another nice feature. I generally use my wireless mic when someone wants to make an announcement. I usually sing through a Shure Beta58 mic which would be connected to channel 1 of the Artist.

I was considering a Schertler Jam 100 but it was considerably more money. I think the Artist will work out fine for my needs.

The store I bought it from included the slip cover but I would prefer a bag with a shoulder strap. Fishman doesnt make a bag for the Artist but it looks like it fits into a Gator GP-40 bag.

Last edited by drive-south; 09-03-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

I played at a wedding last weekend with the Fishman Artist. Solo acoustic outdoors in a wooded area in the NH White Mountains with a babbling brook for accompanyment. The amp worked great. Vocal mic in chan 1, guitar in chan 2, and the wireless mic receiver in the Aux input. It was perfect. Easy to carry across the footbridge leading to the venue, easy to setup and sounded very natural.

I ordered the Gator GP-40 bag for the Fishman amp and should have it next week.

Last edited by drive-south; 09-15-2018 at 02:48 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification