The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-10-2022, 12:36 PM

Default Giggin with nylon (just voice and guitar)

Hello,

I’m in the market for a left handed nylon guitar for gigging with a singer in small to medium venues.

Now I’m gigging with my classical concert guitar and is a pain as for expose this instrument to gigs as for low volume that I obtain for avoid feed backs.

In my mind there are several models. Godin Multiac seems the better option but for LH player only a model with 48 mm at the nut is available (I prefer a wider nut spacing and ebony fingerboard).

I like Cordoba GK Studio Negra, but is suited with rosewood fingerboard and the Pro model is not available LH in Europe (I think).

Raimundo 660e is my better option, but perhaps its standard body size was prone to feed back.

I hear good things about Kremona Thinline series. Its narrow body perhaps helps to control feed back on stage. But I think there isn’t available in Europe.

The sound unplugged is not important for me since I have other instruments for this propose.

Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you verymuch in advanced.

Juan Carlos
Old 08-10-2022, 04:17 PM

You may like one of the guitars from Alhambra with electronics.

Last edited by AfterViewer; 08-10-2022 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2022, 04:29 PM

Wow, looking back at your post I see that you prefer a nut width of greater than 48mm. That's like a width an Alhambra guitar from Spain would have for neck finger spacing. Perhaps they make some of their models with built in electronics? The Fishman electronics they use are Excellent.
https://www.alhambraguitarras.com/en/semiacoustics

Last edited by AfterViewer; 08-10-2022 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2022, 09:20 PM

I have only gigged with my Godin Multiac Nylon Deluxe since I got it a month or so ago. I love the amplified sound, the resistance to feedback, the look, the playability…everything about it!

I just use it for gigging though. At home I play a Yamaha NTX-3 acoustically.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:25 AM

Thank you very much for your replies.

I like Alhambra guitars, I have a 5P from 30 years ago and I love this guitar. Unfortunately, Alhambra make few left handed models (5P and 9P).

I wonder if there is a huge difference between a standard body and a thin line body nylon guitar in relation to feed back. Is a thin line body worth it?
Old 08-11-2022, 07:03 AM
Charter Member

Kremona is a Bulgarian company, I would think Europe would be their primary market.

What about the “silent” guitars, like Yamaha? If you only need I plugged in, it would be fine. They get good reviews.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolay View Post
Kremona is a Bulgarian company, I would think Europe would be their primary market.

What about the “silent” guitars, like Yamaha? If you only need I plugged in, it would be fine. They get good reviews.
Thank you! Good information about Kremona.

Yamaha Silent left handed are not available, at least I was not able to found in the Yamaha website.
Old 08-14-2022, 02:45 PM

I use the Godin Multiac Lefthanded Encore for gigs and like it very much. I actually don't find it that difficult to switch between my 52mm classical and the Godin's 48mm. Good Luck in your search!

1966 Martin D-35
1972 Fender Telecaster
1976 Ryoji Matsuoka Classical No. 40
1975 Mitsuru Tamura, Model No. 1000
2013 Taylor 814c-N
1994 Heritage 576
2004 Heritage 575 Custom
2014 Godin Multiac Nylon Encore
2008 Larrivee D-03
2009 Takamine TC135Sc
YouTube
Old 08-18-2022, 04:41 PM

I've gigged with Cordobas for about 15 years. They are great gig beasts, very solid and reliable. I have a FCWE and a GK Pro Negra. They do sound different, but not so different, in my opinion, that you would absolutely need the rosewood one.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringman5 View Post
I use the Godin Multiac Lefthanded Encore for gigs and like it very much. I actually don't find it that difficult to switch between my 52mm classical and the Godin's 48mm. Good Luck in your search!

Thank you for your reply. Nice sound in your video.

Last edited by zurdillo; 08-18-2022 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 08-18-2022, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigueldeMaria View Post
I've gigged with Cordobas for about 15 years. They are great gig beasts, very solid and reliable. I have a FCWE and a GK Pro Negra. They do sound different, but not so different, in my opinion, that you would absolutely need the rosewood one.
Thank you for share your experience. I like Cordobas. I was thinking in a GK Studio Negra but I donÂ’t like the rosewood fingerboard. The GK Pro seems a nice instrument but I can found in Spain alternatives more economics in the same range of quality. But I like this guitar.

A couple of days ago I read a review in which it was said that in small venues or small formations one can get along perfectly with standard electrified electrified classical guitars. Implying that the Multiac are more focused on the electric guitarist who wants a classical guitar in certain songs in the context of a band in performances with great amplification, and some classical guitarists (like me) may not adapt.

Another thing that worries me is that I have a very dynamic play, with a lot of strumming, percussion effects, muting, etc... and I don't know how the Multiac will behave in that technical context because all the videos I've seen guitarists play just arpeggios, chords and melodic lines.
Old 08-29-2022, 07:31 AM

What amplifier are you using. I just got a Ramirez Cut 2 and I am not happy with the sound I am getting from my Fishman Loudbox Mini.
Old 08-29-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H. Power View Post
What amplifier are you using. I just got a Ramirez Cut 2 and I am not happy with the sound I am getting from my Fishman Loudbox Mini.
I’m using an Acus One Forstrings 6, very happy with this amp.
Old 08-29-2022, 06:34 PM

Smile

Thanks for the info. That is one expensive amp for an amateur like me...
Old 08-30-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H. Power View Post
I'm using an AER Compact 60. It is pricey, but I think it was worth the investment.
1966 Martin D-35
1972 Fender Telecaster
1976 Ryoji Matsuoka Classical No. 40
1975 Mitsuru Tamura, Model No. 1000
2013 Taylor 814c-N
1994 Heritage 576
2004 Heritage 575 Custom
2014 Godin Multiac Nylon Encore
2008 Larrivee D-03
2009 Takamine TC135Sc
YouTube

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical