The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-07-2022, 08:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Mike who??? Based on my experience with Johns guitars and what I’m seeing here which is really pretty, I’d say the chances of this guitar making it to BIG would be between slim and none…and as they say Slim just left town .
I hope you like it’s voice. I certainly did

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTS View Post
That’s a really classy looking guitar. The Brazilian popped and looks so good. And the lucky strike top, with the burst, is just beautiful. Congratulations to you and Mike both on a great looking guitar.
Thank you NTS
Old 08-09-2022, 04:17 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Mike who??? Based on my experience with Johns guitars and what I’m seeing here which is really pretty, I’d say the chances of this guitar making it to BIG would be between slim and none…and as they say Slim just left town .
I’m anxious for you to play it. I took it to a local guitar store called Acoustic Corner to let the owner play it so I could judge it out front with some one else at the controls. He was impressed and said it responded to his lightest touch and i loved the way it sounded.
Old 08-09-2022, 01:27 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird View Post
I’m anxious for you to play it. I took it to a local guitar store called Acoustic Corner to let the owner play it so I could judge it out front with some one else at the controls. He was impressed and said it responded to his lightest touch and i loved the way it sounded.
That makes two of us anxious for me to play it . I'm optimistically hopeful that it just absolutely blows me away, and based on history I like my chances

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 08-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

The guitar arrived safely and is in one piece!! Horray!! Given the number of horror stories I've heard lately about shippers, I'm SOOO happy it was handled well. John did the most incredible packing job I could have asked for. Between his packing and the Visenut case, the guitar was well protected.

I called John and minute ago to tell him how pleased I am at how the guitar turned out. I told him (and I will tell all of you) that it is probably the best one he's every built that I have played. And it's brand new so it will only get better. And for those who have wondered if this was coming to BIG....it absolutely is not lol...at least not this year because hopefully maybe I'll make it to BIG one of these years and might bring it along.

I'll give a full account of the guitar when time permits, but suffice it to say, I'm delighted.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:35 PM
Charter Member

So glad it arrived safely, Mike! And it definitely looks to be a special guitar--I'm not surprised that it has the sound to match its looks.

Would love to try it next to my Graybeard sometime. John is really turning out some awesome guitars these days!

Enjoy!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 08-10-2022, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

Smile Hooray!

Way to go gentlemen!

Have fun Mike!!!!

A bit jealous here, but I do have three JK customs….

Hahahaha

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 08-10-2022, 05:00 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful guitar, Mike! Disappointed you won’t be at BIG, but glad you have this gem.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 08-10-2022, 05:08 PM

It is nice to hear that it already sounds as good as it looks. And that’s saying something. Beautiful guitar
Old 08-11-2022, 02:18 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
So glad it arrived safely, Mike! And it definitely looks to be a special guitar--I'm not surprised that it has the sound to match its looks.

Would love to try it next to my Graybeard sometime. John is really turning out some awesome guitars these days!

Enjoy!
Thanks Kevin! It really is a special one, and although I've had a lot of nice guitars, this one just is a great step up from most. John is building better sounding guitars these days, and frankly I thought his were some of the best I'd heard before these newest ones. I doubt my little guitar can stand up to that greybeard, but I do think you'd like the tone of this one and I'd certainly love for you to play it one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Way to go gentlemen!

Have fun Mike!!!!

A bit jealous here, but I do have three JK customs….

Hahahaha

Paul
Paul, so sorry to hear of this last episode with Fedex and I do hope that John can correct what Fedex messed up. And yes, you are loaded for bear with John's guitars. I know you can play several instruments at once, but can you play more than one of those Kinnaird's at the same time??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Beautiful guitar, Mike! Disappointed you won’t be at BIG, but glad you have this gem.
Thanks Mike! I'd love to see you too. You'd love this one and who knows maybe we'll connect one of these days and you can play it. Maybe BIG next year if everything works out in my calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTS View Post
It is nice to hear that it already sounds as good as it looks. And that’s saying something. Beautiful guitar
Thanks NTS! I appreciate your kind thoughts and words. Am I right in thinking that a Kinnaird guitar is in YOUR future??

Old 08-11-2022, 05:11 PM

Cool

Thanks NTS! I appreciate your kind thoughts and words. Am I right in thinking that a Kinnaird guitar is in YOUR future?? [/QUOTE]

Your more than welcome. I wasn’t just giving you lip Service. I think you and John hit a home run with that guitar. She’s a real looker. ( insert wolf whistle here).

Yep, That’s the word on the street. After Reading everyone’s comments on their new JK’s, I don’t think I could of picked a better time for it.
Old 08-11-2022, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

Smile Hmmm…

“ Paul, so sorry to hear of this last episode with Fedex and I do hope that John can correct what Fedex messed up. And yes, you are loaded for bear with John's guitars. I know you can play several instruments at once, but can you play more than one of those Kinnaird's at the same time?? ”

No, but I do play in different tunings so I often take two to a gig, if there is somewhere safe to stash one.

So happy for you Mike! John’s work continues to be better and better, it is true.
And like you, I found his earlier #99 mind bendingly good! It really did encourage me to sell a bunch of high end instruments that just did not compare sonically.

I hope you are ROCKIN’

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 08-13-2022, 05:31 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Shucks! I was hoping to see this beauty. Congrats Mike! Play it in good health!
Old 08-14-2022, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

The entire package is jaw-droppingly beautiful. Congrats Woody, can’t wait to hear what you think of it tonally.

John is indeed knocking em out of the park these days!
Old 08-14-2022, 10:26 AM

Beautiful.
Old 08-14-2022, 10:51 AM
Charter Member

With the utmost of sincerity, this is one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen! Absolutely Gorgeous!

I know that sound is the most important factor....but this guitar just begs to be played on beauty alone. This is the kind of guitar where one would just lust to take the guitar out of the case and fold into your arms.

AHH if I were but a rich man,

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird View Post
If Mike does not want this it’s coming to BIG.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop