The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-24-2022, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

I have a number of guitars with Rodgers single gear units (Blanchard, Comins, Bashkin & Klepper). I worked with Rob Rodgers about 7-years ago to come up with the less ornate sleeves and short style end pips which felt aesthetically worked better with steel stringed flattops.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
I have a number of guitars with Rodgers single gear units (Blanchard, Comins, Bashkin & Klepper). I worked with Rob Rodgers about 7-years ago to come up with the less ornate sleeves and short style end pips which felt aesthetically worked better with steel stringed flattops.....
Thanks for the nice pics. I was wondering if you knew whether the worm screws were indeed coated with delrin as used with the Rodgers bushings. Haven't seen the SS34 much, as would be more suited for Waverly replacement, but more of the oval plate.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.... View Post
Thanks for the nice pics. I was wondering if you knew whether the worm screws were indeed coated with delrin as used with the Rodgers bushings. Haven't seen the SS34 much, as would be more suited for Waverly replacement, but more of the oval plate.
Call Rob and Sue in Nova Scotia. They will tell you. Unlikely that they are coated with acetal. More likely a lubricious Tungsten Disulfide coating like Dicronite.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Call Rob and Sue in Nova Scotia. They will tell you. Unlikely that they are coated with acetal. More likely a lubricious Tungsten Disulfide coating like Dicronite.
Thanks again. Very helpful to understanding both. I suspect I'll understand even more about that when I'm tuning with them.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
I'd be interested to see what is involved in the swapping out of the Waverlys for the Rodgers.

Tommy
My Rodgers order will take awhile but I thought I'd share something as a first step when the installation begins down the road. Ingenious little tip. Risk free. You could also replace the narrower bolt used here (5/16" dia. head) with a 5/16" bolt from underside & use a small clamp to squeeze it out using the same wood pieces on the topside. Stewmac has a similar demo vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsp81dqulTc

Last edited by B....; 06-25-2022 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
I had heard the same thing, and while Waverlys (if working correctly) are fine, I decided to go with Rodgers. Custom engraved, as well. ....
Well "la dee dah"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop