The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-18-2018, 10:20 PM
AGF Sponsor

In case you missed this, this is sooooo wonderful.

Enjoy!

sm

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 08-10-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:09 PM

A fantastic video, I saw him live in Sydney this year, apparently, after a live show in Sydney, he climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Not bad after doing a 3-hour show when you're in your mid-seventies.

We were in seats high up adjacent the stage and I had my binoculars, it was amazing to see what goes on during the show on stage, things people cant see from in front of the stage.

It was a dream come true for me as a die-hard fan since I was a kid to see him live right in front of me (I'm 64).

I hope he retains good health and rocks on for many more years!

"Never take a fool with you when you go, because you can always pick one up when you get there"! Billy Connolly.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesaHut View Post
A fantastic video, I saw him live in Sydney this year, apparently, after a live show in Sydney, he climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Not bad after doing a 3-hour show when you're in your mid-seventies.

We were in seats high up adjacent the stage and I had my binoculars, it was amazing to see what goes on during the show on stage, things people cant see from in front of the stage.

It was a dream come true for me as a die-hard fan since I was a kid to see him live right in front of me (I'm 64).

I hope he retains good health and rocks on for many more years!
That's so great, Pete. I've never seen him in concert, but hope to before he stops touring (although Tony Bennett is still on the road in his nineties, so you never know. It's clear that he's taken very good care of himself, and that he is a born optimist, both of which lead to long life.

sm
Old 07-19-2018, 11:09 PM

Great and fun video! Thanks for posting.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:31 AM

Just saw this for the first time, FANTASTIC
Old 07-25-2018, 10:33 AM
AGF Sponsor

If you have not seen this, it is so very cool. What a guy.

sm
Old 08-10-2018, 01:30 PM
AGF Sponsor

If you haven't seen this, it is just so charming and wonderful. CBS just announced they're tuning this into a full special program. Gotta see this.

scott
Old 08-10-2018, 03:13 PM

I'm not the biggest fan of the Beatles but this video was so emotional. People in Liverpool seem to be so proud of him. Great guy.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:36 AM

Brought back so many happy memories, I lived in the house directly opposite from 1959. You can see it and my brother’s BMW in front at about 12 minutes in.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:00 AM

Great video. Thanks for posting!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Old 08-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Thanks for sharing this, Scott. First time I’ve seen it...watched teary-eyed with my wife. Have watched it a few times now bact-to-back. What a great way to start a Sunday morning. Have sent the link to many friends so they can also start their day off on a high. We saw Paul in concert a few years ago...memorable, to say the least. Awesome that James does these, and none better than this one. As has been said, Paul is likely not without his failings, but seems to be as nice a guy as they come. You can’t fake that. What a thrill it must’ve been for Corden to experience that...and for Paul too...not just a trip down Penny Lane...but Memory Lane. Thanks again!
Old 08-12-2018, 10:15 AM

Long time since I've posted, but that McCartney video was so great! As much as he has irritated me through the years...(my issues not his) he has talent beyond belief and a work ethic to be admired. His bass playing is among the best IMO if you enjoy both tasteful funky and melodic runs. Can sing with the best and his writing skills are incomparable. Long may he continue.

The only time I saw him was in 1976 at the Cow Palace in SF. I'd just got back a week earlier from europe backpacking with a long lost girlfriend for three months. We didn't have any tickets but thought we would try anyway. When we got there there was a live DJ from KFRC radio asking people what their favorite station was..... sure enough the letters KFRC got us a pair of tickets. What a great show!

Talking about us oldies blubbering away, I still remember the morning in 2001 when it was announced George had died. I lost it completely. It was different with John..... I was just numb and with disbelief. What those four lads meant to us all back then. They really did change the world.

Back to my new J45......
Old 08-17-2018, 01:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Just a bump. Such a very cool piece of film.

scott memmer
Old 08-17-2018, 02:36 PM

Monday, August 20 at 8 PM EST on CBS is the expanded hour long TV version of this.

Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Old 09-14-2018, 01:57 PM

Some new Paul McCartney videos are available, celebrating the release of his new album. In the two 'talking' videos, I must say he looks relaxed, happy, and more 'boyish' than I've seen for a good while - much like in the Liverpool video that started this thread.
So without more ado:

1. He talks about the origins of some of the classic songs. We've heard most of it before, but all the best stories bear repeated telling, and it's just great to be in his company, I find:
Talks about the songs

2. He answers (with grace and fun) a lot of questions that have been googled:
Answering questions

3. An entire concert, live in New York a week ago
Concert

I just cannot watch this man without experiencing waves of gratitude and good feeling.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion