The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Default How to Post Pictures On the AGF

There are three ways to post pictures here, depending on where the source picture resides. If it is on your mobile device, the AGF APP is very easy to use and works well with both Apple and Android systems. The AGF app is built on the Tapatalk application. Because of a recent change in their app structure, the AGF app now requires charter membership to post pictures. Nonmembers can still post pictures here for free using the Tapatalk app.

If your pictures are at a third-party host, see this thread. Many people are no longer using Photobucket because of the price increase, but there are many others available.

The AGF appreciates the financial support of its members. One of the most valuable benefits members receive is the ability to upload pictures directly from one's computer. These directions are in the FAQs... click HERE.

Charter members may post their pictures as attachments by...

1. Ensure file is jpg or jpeg, no larger than 600x600, and 1MB (the system will automatically resize larger images in some, but not all, cases)

2. Click on the paperclip icon

3. Click on "Choose File." Browse to the location of the file on your computer, hit "Open," and then hit "Upload"

4. Click the "Close this window" text

5. Click the paperclip icon again and click on the attachment that shows in the drop down menu. This will insert the image inline

To manage your attachments go to User Control Panel--Miscellaneous--Attachments. The attachment system also works with mobile browsers, if one prefers not to use the AGF app.

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-05-2019 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:02 PM

Default Posting Pictures And Videos On the AGF

I figured out a workaround for adding/uploading more than 1 photo in a post (w the Tapatalk app).
It’s tedious, but it works: Add the photo, copy the link that appears in the post (for the photo upload), copy/paste the link elsewhere (I used Evernote), then go back into Tapatalk, delete the link/photo (which then allows you to add a different single photo) and repeat with the next photo.
If there’s an easier way to do this, it’s not easily evident to me.

Martin SPD-16R (2000)
Wechter Traditional Custom (2003)
Yamaha LL16 (2000)
Yamaha FG 460 S-12 (1986)

www.youtube.com/mmcs1222

Last edited by mmcs1202; 10-15-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:21 PM

I thought I'd add a quick video tutorial for this in case anyone finds it helpful and easier to follow than the text instructions.

Note: You do not have to sign up for Imgur to use the service. Just hit "New Post" at top left and it will work.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Dirk Hofman; 06-14-2023 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:56 PM

Wow, that is an incredibly beautiful fret board. Great photo too!

Larrivee, LV-03E Sitka/Peruvian Walnut
Bourgeois, Dreadnaught DB Signature, Italian Spruce/Madagascar Rosewood

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic