The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-18-2018, 07:38 PM

Default 1958 Gibson J-45 Sunburst w/ Hiscox Case

Hello gang! Here's a very nice 1958 Gibson J-45 Sunburst w/ Hiscox case.* This guitar plays and sounds absolutely beautiful.* As you can see, this guitar has been played and you can definitely hear it when you strum this one.* Showing all original parts, however the tuners have been replaced with relic Klusons since these pictures were taken. I will add the original tuners to the case of course, but if you're looking for mojo, look no further!* This baby sounds great!

Cosmetic condition:* Very good vintage condition.* Playing wear, scratches, bumps and dings all around as it has been well played for the
last 60 years.* Frets are in good shape and the action is great. The work I had done includes the following: 4 crack repairs w/ cleats, tuner upgrades as mentioned above, bone saddle upgrade, new bridge pins (still have original), adjustable bridge replaced by prior owner but looks fantastic, small jack hole on lower bout from a previous pickup filled and barely noticeable, fingernail indentions filled on fret board as well as a Fishman Matrix Infinity pickup added (without the volume control knob so a sound-hole cover could be added to eliminate feedback when playing live) I do have the volume/tone wheel and would be happy to stick it in the case.* No loose braces, no neck reset has been done, nor is it needed.* Plays like a dream!

What’s included: Hiscox case w/ original tuners

Serial number: T 5480 16 (1958)

Asking for $4K net to me and please feel free to message me with questions. Also, I have it listed on Reverb if you would like to see more photos. I'm more than happy to help in any way, just let me know.

Thanks for looking!

Taylor
Holter Pickguards

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars