The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-13-2018, 01:13 PM

Default Goya guitar,how old,model,value?

Hi, i was given a Goya classical guitar by my dad about 7 years ago.its a lovely guitar and has a lovely tone when played.
I dont know what model it is and there is no serial number sticker.there is G for the model but no number next to it on the label inside the sound hole.
I would love to know if anyone on here would have any idea as to the model and age and a ballpark value. I am not wanting to sell it as it has great sentimental value as my dad owned it and passed it onto me a few months before he passed away. Am just interested to know all about it. The label inside the sound hole has the following:
Guitarras
GOYA
Modelo and what looks like G but no number
Made in Spain
Juan Teijeiro Music Co, Ltd. LON. E2
Made by Guitarras Francisco Esteve, S.A
The guitar needs a good clean and new strings which i willbe doing in the near future. I havent played the guitar since my dad's funeral,its just been packed away in a padded case in a cupboard away from sources of heat and light.
Many thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this gorgeous instrument?
I would submit photos for you to see but i dont know how to and if we are able to on this forum.

Last edited by Nicknick258; 06-14-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

Welcome to the forum!

I have had several Levin-made (Sweden) Goyas so am fond of them, but never saw a Spanish one. I would just Google the details in various queries. I did that and came up with a few:

https://reverb.com/item/3964903-este...d-finish-split

http://www.guitarsite.com/database/G...sages/99.shtml

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=424946

That should add a bit to your knowledge base. Play and enjoy, it sounds like a keeper!
Old 07-15-2018, 02:40 PM

Default Goya

Hi TKT
Many thanks for your response. Had a read of those pieces of info you tagged. Was interesting. It truly is a beautiful sounding guitar, it sounded fantastic when i played a classical piece at my dads funeral.the crematorium's acoustics were great which probably made my playing sound better. I shan't be getting rid of my Goya due to its sentimentality but have asked family members to put together for my birthday so i can buy a decent hard guitar case for it to protect more than the padded case it is currently in. My BM classical guitar that i have owned for the past 37 yrs is in a hard case so i feel its only fitting that my Goya should have the same protection.
Thankyou again for that info. Kind regards
Old 07-26-2018, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

You're welcome! Make sure you add a humidifier to both cases if it's under 40% where you keep them.

I like my best guitars in hard cases too, I live in quake country!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical