The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 11-19-2021, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

Default YANUMD

Yet Another New, Used Mandolin Day, which technically was exactly a week ago, though I didn't open the box for a day as it had come some distance from up near the northern border.

It's the F5S model from Northfield, and a couple years old, and has been played, but golly does it put out a wonderful sound.

I wasn't really intending to buy another mando but I've been stressing a little over the old Eastman (MD815v) I got back in June that *really* needs frets and this "just happened to pop up" in front of me on Reverb and with some discussion in the household (which ended up with a new refrigerator making its appearance a few days later ), the deal was done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7477.jpg (29.7 KB, 64 views)
Old 11-19-2021, 05:59 PM

Congrats and enjoy, those are really great playing/sounding mandolins!
Old 11-19-2021, 10:36 PM

Good to hear you will be able to enjoy a properly cooled beverage on a hot summer day after a full session of playing your mandolin around the homestead. Sounds like everyone is happy
Old 11-20-2021, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

There really is nothing out there to compete with this fine model from Northfield. It is audibly better than a Kentucky master, and sounds as good or better than way more expensive mandos. They found a way to make it look pretty good too. Much better sounding than any Eastman I've ever played. Enjoy.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments