The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 09-10-2020, 07:21 PM

Default Am I a sickoo or what

I've been practicing scale forms, movable scale forms, closed position, pentatonic minor, you name it and I like it. I mean I'm not getting bored with it, I like the sound, and am getting faster. I expected it to be a chore but it's not and I'm memorizing the forms. So, is this supposed to happen? I expected it would be like any memorization...a grind and a pain but it's not. Someone tell me I'm not going crazy!!!!
Old 09-10-2020, 08:36 PM
Charter Member

Play whatever you enjoy doing currently.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 09-11-2020, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcatluth View Post
I've been practicing scale forms, movable scale forms, closed position, pentatonic minor, you name it and I like it. I mean I'm not getting bored with it, I like the sound, and am getting faster. I expected it to be a chore but it's not and I'm memorizing the forms. So, is this supposed to happen? I expected it would be like any memorization...a grind and a pain but it's not. Someone tell me I'm not going crazy!!!!
I enjoy it too especially with a metronome.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcatluth View Post
You're not crazy at all.
But you might need to calm down a little, or when you learn some actual songs your head may explode.

On the other hand, if you find you like those technical exercises better than playing music, then your mental condition might be called into question...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write