The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-07-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Good stuff Amrit! I look forward to seeing your posts here.
Thanks you... I've moved to posting in the Custom Shop section now with same title! Cheers!
Old 09-07-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Sarad View Post
Your influences are the same as mine. Can’t wait to check out the vids.
Cheers mate! Have you got some vids I can check out? Would love to see them
Old 09-07-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcsong View Post
Here is your back!
Attachment 32765

Look at it pop with that shellac!

Bro! in REAL life it looks EVEN better! Just STUNNING stuff!! :-)
Old 01-22-2021, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

I hear that some studios near amrit are not opened due to covid. Can't wait to hear some recordings!

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D
Old 01-31-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I hear that some studios near amrit are not opened due to covid. Can't wait to hear some recordings!
Ahhh it's a bummer with Covid as it's hit pretty hard here with all venues closed etc and gutted I can't show off my BIGFOOT! I will be recording some stuff on it in due course! It sounds AMAZING!!
Old 02-02-2021, 06:04 PM

Hi folks and I hope you’re all well and safe.

It’s been a short while since I’ve updated my Custom build Guitar by Karan Singh of BIGFOOT Guitars / India and as I’ve mentioned in my previous posts, this build is very dear and close to my heart!

With all the wood selections chosen and complete for my OMC build, Karan ran through all aspects of our discussions to make sure every little detail was transparent and revisited, as there was no room for error once he’d started building the guitar.

I’d had some time, previously, to meditate on our progress as we were going along and I was very happy with how things had developed. Also, this was proving to very exciting and at the same time, I was still quite nervous as to how the finished guitar would rate once complete. I had faith that Karan was going to produce a GEM of an instrument, no doubt about that, as I had already seen pictures of the back that had been glued together. It looked stunning, so further assurance that it was off to a GREAT start!

Karan started work on the Rosette, which we’d decided would be in Tamarind and he quickly sent me pictures for my approval and I absolutely LOVED it! It had the contrast, and pop, that I wanted and it looked ‘earthy’… which is exactly what I was after! He was happy and he glued and sanded them down.

A few days later Karan started work on the getting the sides sanded, curved and glued. He send me pictures of it once it was in the mould and the first thing that struck me was that the character of the woods stood out from the start! He said he’d have the body closed in a few days. He also sent me a sneak peek of the back with bracings and I loved the ebony stripes with Indian toon wood (Indian Red Cedar) and it looked sexy!! BUT, the most emotional moment for me was when I saw my Mum’s name that he’d engraved inside. It took my breath away and the reality truly sunk in for me. He joked that this was his first attempt at pyrography!

He then sent me a picture of the end graft as he was gluing onto the back of the guitar. As you can see, it looks STUNNING!

With the back all finished now, Karan started work on the neck and a few more pictures followed once it was bolted onto the body! This was just to show me the guitar as it was moving along nicely and, I could see it taking shape and form.

Next up was work on the neck and even though I’d originally asked for a black nut and saddle, Karan showed me his coloured bone nut and I had to admit it looked even better than the tusk all black that I had originally asked for. I was over the moon that he’d suggested this as it was bringing even more character to an already stunning looking set of chosen woods.

He’d now finished off the neck and he sent me a video of it being treated and coated! It looked exquisite! The overall tone of the Guitar was really beginning to show and it was just as classy as I’d imagined it! As having mentioned in my earlier post; Karan had acquired this Indian Toon Wood from a mill in Amritsar (India) especially, which is where my Mum was born.

Once the body was all done and finished with ebony bindings in place, Karan again wanted a 100% confirmation if I still wanted the bevel? Explaining to me that I’d lose some Bass response. WELL? Take a look at the bevel, pre; finish! I fell in love when I saw this! Perfection in the making!!

So, everything was on track and looking great until the world, as we all know, went into chaos and lockdown mode with Covid-19. Karan had to stop for a little while due to his supplies being delayed with most of Indian in complete lockdown. Now it was just a question of playing the waiting game.

Until shortly where we'll be wrapping up the build. Gosh!! I can't wait to show you the end result!

Peace, love & light!

Last edited by Amrit Sond; 02-02-2021 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:43 PM
Charter Member

Smile Looks Great!

Very striking woods and super clean build, too! I believe you will be VERY HAPPY you went with the bevel. It sure makes playing more comfy

There is NO shortage of bass on my John Kinnaird guitars even with large bevels back and front, and a cutaway too.

Pretty sure you will not notice ANY lack of tone!

Pretty soon now...

Salud

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 02-02-2021, 08:28 PM
Charter Member

Very cool build!
Old 02-03-2021, 03:04 AM

Quote:
One look at that back and the Kostal influence is immediately apparent; you know it's going to be a great sounding guitar.

Very much looking forward to some soundbites when it arrives.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 02-03-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Very striking woods and super clean build, too! I believe you will be VERY HAPPY you went with the bevel. It sure makes playing more comfy

There is NO shortage of bass on my John Kinnaird guitars even with large bevels back and front, and a cutaway too.

Pretty sure you will not notice ANY lack of tone!

Pretty soon now...

Salud

Paul
You're SO right Paul! I haven't noticed ANY drop in tone whatsoever! It is SUPER comfty to play and the bevel allows a better 'sit' against my body! I'll be posting the finished looks in a few weeks time! Thanks man! Hugs!
Old 02-03-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
One look at that back and the Kostal influence is immediately apparent; you know it's going to be a great sounding guitar.

Very much looking forward to some soundbites when it arrives.

Cheers,
Steve
I'm lost for words Steve on the sound of this baby! It has crystal clear highs, a warm mid and a bass presence that rounds off the tone sweetly! It's very very sensitive to touch too so the dynamic range is vast! It has already warmed up in the short space of time I've had it and it is EXCATLY what I was after! A beauty!! A high quality video of it in action will be posted soon!
Old 02-03-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virob View Post
Very cool build!
It IS man!! A very KWOOOOL looking guitar!
Old 02-06-2021, 06:52 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Looking really nice! Tamarind is such an interesting wood. One can get lost in it.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Looking really nice! Tamarind is such an interesting wood. One can get lost in it.
Totally agree man! It's in a league of it's own! STUNNING in every sense of the word!! Produces a lovely warm tone too!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
bigfoot guitars