The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 03-31-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphonist View Post
Those enclosed Kluson tuners are likely not original to this guitar - to my knowledge the pre-Gibson Epiphone company never used these.

This Blackstone is clearly from the 1945-47 period based on the headstock details: This type diamond inlay made of pearl substitute was only used in those years.

Felix
OK great, so the tuners are not quite proper period replacements too, good to know. My main question was really pre- or post-Gibson, that's clearly established, thought it might be that old, but really hadn't a clue, thanks again, everyone, been a great help!
Old 04-01-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphonist View Post
Those enclosed Kluson tuners are likely not original to this guitar - to my knowledge the pre-Gibson Epiphone company never used these.
Pre-Gibson Eiphones were built with Kluson tuners. MY '53 Triumph Regent has Kluson Sealfast tuners.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
Pre-Gibson Eiphones were built with Kluson tuners. MY '53 Triumph Regent has Kluson Sealfast tuners.
Zombywoof - I was referring to those Kluson Deluxe strip tuners shown on the guitar discussed here.
Epiphone indeed used Kluson machines on some models in certain years, but not those tuners.

A '53 Triumph would have left the factory with Epiphone's custom E-logo enclosed tuners.

Felix

Last edited by Epiphonist; 04-03-2017 at 12:31 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops