The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-20-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Emerald has a decent supply in stock, unless you need custom work. Good Luck !
True ...keep checking... minimal wait then.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-20-2019, 07:50 AM
Charter Member

Tyler, I currently own a narrow neck CA GX, a Savoy, an older X10N (standard Emerald neck), and have owed a Rainsong with the N2 neck.

I have played a variety of the other makes and models.

My guess is, the neck you're looking for is the narrow neck GX. It's very similar to the Taylor 710 I had, my Strat, and my friend's Breedlove.

Comparatively, the N2 neck is more of a "handful," the Emerald is wide and flat, and the Savoy pretty much sits between those two profiles.

If you prefer thinner C shaped necks, the GX is best, the Savoy is OK... you probably won't like the stock Emeralds or Rainsongs.

With the right strings, the GX is plenty bright and clear. However, I think Rainsong is at the top of the heap for that tonal quality, but to some ears, it's too much. The Emeralds are probably a good mid-ground for that.

The Savoy is also nice and clear with lots of sustain. I like it for leads, but not for strumming. For my purposes ~ as a steel string ~ it's no match for the GX in terms of playability, tone, or comfort. I turned it into a nylon guitar. Great for that!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
blackbird, composite acoustics, humidity, rainsong ws, taiwan