The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-11-2018, 11:01 PM

Default 1971 D-18 Brian Kimsey enhanced

I've loved this guitar but just got a D-18S from the 60's so I'm moving this along. I bought it here on the Forum and the prior owner can describe it better than I could:

"Moving along my 1971 Martin D18. I have owned this guitar since 2012 or so and have loved playing it. The top is a thing of beauty! In 2014 I shipped it off to Bryan Kimsey for a selection of his services to restore the greatness. Bryan did a flawless neck reset, slightly relocated the bridge to correct the intonation, replaced the bridgeplate and did a moderate amount of X-brace scalloping. He added a K&K and a strap peg in the heel. The original Grovers worked fine so we left them alone...I am pretty sure he did a new nut and saddle but am not 100% positive on that.

As promised, a few months later, the guitar grew into the mods and became a very big-sounding and articulate Martin with a lot of cut and depth. To the best of my knowledge, everything is original other than the aforementioned. It's got the 1 11/16" nut width and string spacing is 2 3/16" at the bridge. The neck has the classic 70s depth and just feels great. Always stored in the case and carefully humidified. It has some marks around the seam at the back...likely buckle rash. There are no cracks or any damage on the guitar beyond some scuffs and signs of playwear. Headstock logo is crisp and unfaded. I believe the case is original or at least period-correct. It's sound, all of the latches work and includes the key. No smoke or smells."

$1,700. Thanks!

Photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hg0lrzrpb...q7hgLA-Da?dl=0

Last edited by clark51; 03-11-2018 at 11:08 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars