The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcopeland8900 View Post
All emerald reviews I have found have the guitarist sitting. How do these feel when standing up? I typically play Breedlove concert body (standing) and am looking for a similar feel in CF.
I can't compare my Emerald X20 to your Breedlove concert, since I've never played one, but I expect the X20 is a bigger guitar, and I find mine quite comfortable to play standing.

Quote:
Also any issue or risk with using a percussive guitar style on these things (body slaps, etc). I would expect not seeing as wood isn't having an issue. Thanks.
If slapping an Emerald were to pose any kind of risk, it would be to your hand. The guitar will be fine, though.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
I can't compare my Emerald X20 to your Breedlove concert, since I've never played one, but I expect the X20 is a bigger guitar, and I find mine quite comfortable to play standing.

If slapping an Emerald were to pose any kind of risk, it would be to your hand. The guitar will be fine, though.

Thanks. If you hit the heel of your hand on the body of the guitar above the strings back toward the saddle does it make a percussive sound similar to a kick drum? I would expect it to because the top still vibrates over an air chamber, but I haven't found any videos of people doing it. (Don't hurt your hand. ,[emoji1] )
Old 02-07-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks. If you hit the heel of your hand on the body of the guitar above the strings back toward the saddle does it make a percussive sound similar to a kick drum? I would expect it to because the top still vibrates over an air chamber, but I haven't found any videos of people doing it. (Don't hurt your hand. ,[emoji1] )
I'll guess yes. It does on mine as a reference to my guess.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-07-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
It definitely does, at least acoustically. As for amplified sound, I don't do much slapping in performance, but I have tried out a thump or two, and it sounds fine with the K&K pickup system that I had Alistair put in. YMMV with an undersaddle pup.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber