The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-01-2020, 07:04 AM

Default in the middle of the night

I had to get up with indigestion at midnight and was thinking what to do so I got out my Kronbauer. It always sounds good but last night it sounded amazing. I wanted to just keep playing but I went through all my songs. Ill have to learn some more in case that happens again (been happening more recently).
Old 07-01-2020, 07:21 AM

Default Now thats funny

For some reason Trevor's guitars have a tendency to do that to folks. Use to drive the wife crazy when I woke up in the middle of the nite and played mine.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:38 AM

Kenny Rogers wrote a song about that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE1bvEp8V-Y
Old 07-01-2020, 09:29 AM

That's why I always keep a small parlor in the fridge.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:38 AM

I believe you. Fatigue is a real factor in hearing. For example, first thing in the morning I can hear the TV just fine with volume set on 30. By the evening, I need it set to 40 to hear decently. Despite being a good critical listener, without that numerical reference I would not notice the difference. But it is repeatable and consistent.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:42 PM

Good to know there is a physical reason for it, I wondered why cause Ive dont this before and had the same reaction. I mean the guitar sounds good when I play it in the day and so I expected that but it shocked me the first time when it was magical. I wasnt expecting that. You know Trevor's guitars have a good strong sound that I like but this was something I hadnt been hearing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion