The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 05-29-2020, 09:34 AM
AGF Sponsor

I see Mr. Tim, the LUTHIER, McKnight is in his corner desiring better than my phone pictures for you today. If UPS is as good as it once was your slim guitar should be in your hands tomorrow!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:33 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
I see Mr. Tim, the LUTHIER, McKnight is in his corner desiring better than my phone pictures for you today. If UPS is as good as it once was your slim guitar should be in your hands tomorrow!
Well, overnight with UPS is way more ($) than it used to be. So it may not be tomorrow but will be soon. In this case my patience will pay me ... big time!
Old 05-31-2020, 07:13 AM

Oh man!! It would be cool if you can video the un-boxing/unveiling. Congrats to all involved!! I can't wait to see Slim in your hands.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:11 AM

I’m hoping we can all get together this year while the weather is still nice. I know a few McJammers are high risk but would really miss seeing them nonetheless.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:54 AM
AGF Sponsor

Sigh ... I haven't forgotten you guys.

Neil, we thought about you as we sat on the patio swing this morning. I had my coffee and Bible time, but it seems a bit void of personality not having had you sit here with us yet this year. It's perfect weather. Bruce and Nancy should have been here chatting with us, too. I really miss all of you and the McJam aftermath.

I was just getting ready to send emails to ask how everyone is doing because I don't like my own office to be so void of McJam conversation. I sure don't like to keep the McJam on hold but I need to have all of you guide me on what you feel safe doing as a group.

Rodger is my co-coordinator and he has shared a vision of safety for all of us and especially as he takes a look in his mirror. Kathy has her mom to care for so that's a bit of a challenge on his end.

I have a few names of local people who hope to join us and they are ready as soon as we are allowed to gather and be us again.

I know we have to be concerned about guitars being in so many hands. I can't imagine my luthier allowing me to wipe only some guitars with cloths and not all of them. How dare I try to spit shine them to keep them clean. That's suppose to be funny, but this isn't really a funny time. Is it?

I can catch you up on the news of the McKnight house hold. As you know Scott (ER) and Adrianne (Pharmacy) still work in the hospital and thankfully neither one has had any quarantine time. I jumped on board to volunteer in the ER, too. It was a great 3 months being a blessing to the patients until this crazy COVID made all of us 60 and older get out until it is safe to return to work again. Scott and Adrianne come home daily with no problem health wise, so I give that Glory above.

Adrianne bought a 120 year old church in August and the day after Thanksgiving Jeremy proposed to her so they are preparing their Chouse (C for church plus house) to make it into a home. Yes, you met Jeremy here at the McJam. He has 5 kids and a grandson. In weeks when she gets married (September 5) we will be "great grandparents!" It's a big step for her being 31 and had never left home, but they will live just two blocks from us and he is good to her. She loves his kids and they are comfortable. What more can parents ask for?

By the way, Rodger will have a Power Point of the beginning stages of the Chouse repairs whenever the McJam exists again. We will have stories to tell for sure!

So ... as Tim is down at the Chouse doing a little plumbing, electrical work, handling fresh stained wood work ... all doing the dad things, Adrianne sleeps in as this is all exhausting for her to build a home, plan a wedding and today is the wedding shower ... I sit here in my corner of the office and wish you were all planning to come here for fun in the sun.

Let's wake up. Guide me on your own best guess what I can do ...if anything. I'll send this same request out through e-mails. I figure if we talk about this it will remind us that the McJam will be real as soon as the politicians say we can.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.

Last edited by Mary; 07-18-2020 at 10:08 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases