The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-11-2020, 01:12 PM

Default GODIN LGXT AA, any thoughts?

Hello! I’ve been checking out a lot of reviews on the Godin LGXT AA. I really like the idea that it offers the acoustic sounds on an electric guitar and that you can mix them with the standard electric guitar sounds as well. I’ve also read that the term tends to be noisy.

Has anyone played one of these, and any words that you can provide that would help me decide whether this would be a good purchase.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2020, 02:18 PM

Can't comment on that particular model, but Godins are great guitars. Had an LG-P90 for about a decade and still sorry I had to let it go.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:29 PM

Like Duke (^), I'm not familiar with that model but I just looked it up. In addition to the humbucking pickups it also has a piezo for the acoustic tones. A guy I used to play in a band with had the Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci guitar and it also had the humbuckers and piezo. Sounded great for the acoustic tones.

As for Godin, they're a great, reputable Canadian brand.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars