The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-01-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemonk View Post
Hi all. I've been lurking for a while on this always informative and usually entertaining (or is it the other way around?) forum. I thought this thread might be a good place to emerge and post an image of the headstock logo of the Kim Walker archtop I acquired a year ago after a seven year wait. (It's probably a good thing I waited till now, as I might have mixed it up with Keith about that waiting period and gotten booted off myself. )

After Kim emailed me a pic of the mostly completed headstock with the floral inlay, I browsed his site and saw one of his headstocks where the flowers were sitting in a vase, which I liked a lot. It was too late for that treatment, but I asked Kim whether he would consider incorporating some kind of vase in the truss rod cover, which had not yet been made. He thought that might work and that it would add a three-dimensional aspect, and agreed to do it. The result far exceeded anything I had visualized. And here it is. (I realize this thread started out about logos and not headstock ornamentation in general, but I think it went off course right out of the starting gate.)

Cheers,
Ron
Wow that really is something!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:28 PM

Ron,

Gorgeous! Thank for indulging me.

I now actually have 3 Walkers, all with that logo + flower inlay:

Old 12-01-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitom View Post
Santa Cruz
This was my first thought as well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion