The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 03-25-2020, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

Default Firefly for 1MORE earbuds

I don't know much about this stuff so please forgive me if this a nube question. I listen to music on my phone/tablet ect. with a set of 1MORE triple driver earbuds which do a pretty good job. But I dipped my toe in this sub-forum and have been reading about the Firefly DAC device. But I do not know if that rig is meant primarily for high quality headphones, or whether there would be any perceptible difference in sound quality with my ear bubs.
Thanks.
David
Old 03-27-2020, 10:47 AM

I have not tried an iteration of Fire Fly, but Absolute Sound and other audiophile magazines say that the sound is less “veiled.” Apparently, they believe that many computer dac’s are cheap and this is a step up for better quality headphones. I don’t have the highs in my hearing so I haven’t tested one, but with higher end audio, there is much subjectivism . My advice would be to surf the various reviews and then either pay $100 for a new one or look for a used one. Let us know if you pursue this.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN