The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-11-2021, 04:08 PM

Default Educate me on the whole "Waza Craft" thing

So i've been curious lately about the waza craft pedals that BOSS (Roland) produce in terms of why are the waza's so expensive?

I'll use the BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver as an example....

The regular blues driver goes for $149 while the Waza craft blues driver goes for $245 (these prices are Aus dollar by the way).

My question is.... What is it about these Waza Craft pedals that makes them so expensive? what do they have that BOSS regular pedals don't?
Old 06-11-2021, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHound4690 View Post
So i've been curious lately about the waza craft pedals that BOSS (Roland) produce in terms of why are the waza's so expensive?

I'll use the BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver as an example....

The regular blues driver goes for $149 while the Waza craft blues driver goes for $245 (these prices are Aus dollar by the way).

My question is.... What is it about these Waza Craft pedals that makes them so expensive? what do they have that BOSS regular pedals don't?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeC7Io2auLU&t=18s
Old 06-11-2021, 05:41 PM

Some better, carefully selected components, and two modes. Standard and custom. They are very nice. Are they worth it? In the example you gave, I picked the Keeley Super Phat Mod, over the Waza Bluesdriver. It also has two modes, is more "handmade", and is less expensive.

Overall I like the Waza line. If I was looking for a Boss Metal Zone or a HM-2, I would definitely buy the Waza version! But the more "middle of the road" a pedal is? An SD-1 or Bluesdriver? Less necessary IMO. It's up to you.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:36 AM

Waza was a great way for Boss to enter the boutique world... I haven't heard it put that way but that's my thoughts on it. There's even the Boss JHS Angry Driver JB-2 pedal which is a collaboration between Boss and John Scott of JHS pedals. It's a combo of the Boss Blues Driver and JHS Angry Charlie. John is a cool guy and I've seen a few of his videos.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Waza was a great way for Boss to enter the boutique world... I haven't heard it put that way but that's my thoughts on it. There's even the Boss JHS Angry Driver JB-2 pedal which is a collaboration between Boss and John Scott of JHS pedals. It's a combo of the Boss Blues Driver and JHS Angry Charlie. John is a cool guy and I've seen a few of his videos.

Josh. Not John. [emoji846]
Old 06-15-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogradyboy View Post
Josh. Not John. [emoji846]
Thanks - I know it's Josh. Slip of the tongue. Josh is a great guy.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:31 PM

Basically throughout the history of the Boss product line they made a few iconic pedals like the CE2 or the Blues Driver that have been made famous in classic recordings and so on. But it wasn't till years later that a CE2 goes for $300 on eBay or something ridiculous like that so Roland saw that there was a demand in the market for the old original sounds so they fulfilled it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars