The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-19-2019, 09:54 AM
Charter Member

Default Fullers Guitars in Houston

I was on a recent business trip and stopped in at Fullers. I am kind of in the market for a slope shoulder and was very impressed with the breadth of selection they have. They have a very extensive selection of Gibsons from $1K and up as well as some vintage models. Unfortunately the two J45s that grabbed my attention were well north of my budget. One was a J45 VS Red Spruce and the other a special edition J45 19 Fret Banner LTD. In addition to the Gibsons they had a wide selection of Taylors, Martins, Waterloos and a back wall of some beautiful Collings, Thompsons and Santa Cruz. I tried the Collins CJ - exceptional guitar even further out of my budget. I would like to give a special shout out to Slim and John. They were very patient and helpful. I also had a chance to meet Mike Fuller. Just a great group of guys! Thank you for your time. Now to see how to get one of those J45s!
Tom
Old 10-19-2019, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

IMO, Fullerís is the choice of acoustic shops in Houston. Wide selection of quality acoustics, and electrics. Very knowledgeable and friendly folks there.
Yamaha FG-200
Old 10-19-2019, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhockenbury View Post
IMO, Fullerís is the choice of acoustic shops in Houston. Wide selection of quality acoustics, and electrics. Very knowledgeable and friendly folks there.
I agree. I stopped in last night just before closing for the first time since they've remodeled. The new look does wonders. I really like that they ditched the glass displays and you can now play anything without having to ask someone to get it for you. I didn't check out any of the J45 variations last night as I was on a mission to A-B their Hummingbirds and J200's. I played two J200's, a Hummingbird Vintage, and a Sheryl Crow CW. The CW took the cake without question. Wonderful tone and playability.

I was happy to see their selection of Collings up to about 20 as well as a growing number of Santa Cruz as well.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:37 PM

I've never dealt with them, but my J-45 '68 Reissue was custom made for Fullers and is specified as such on the label. I'm quite fond of that guitar, btw.
'18 Martin 000-18

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion