The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-18-2019, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Heritage has been great for me. I had to price shop them to get my rates down one year (and to include shipping with my policy), but they seem to offer good coverage at reasonable rates. I haven’t had a claim, however, and that’s where the rubber really meets the road.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
Hi all

I have a State Farm personal articles policy that covers my guitars (1 Taylor, 1 Breedlove, 1 Lowden) and camera and lenses and a computer. I've had this for years now, almost 10, and until this year I didn't file any claims. I filed 2 this year - 1 on a guitar and 1 on my computer - and State Farm started sending me letters that my coverage could change if there was an increase in claim activity. I called them and their rep told me that they could cancel the policy at any time and that they had no obligation to keep it.

I am worried that if a guitar or camera were to get stolen, State Farm might not cover it.

Can anyone recommend more reliable insurance for these items? I take my camera and guitars out and need a policy that won't dick me over if something happens.

Thanks.
Most any insurance company will at a minimum warn you after two recent claims. Many will drop you ASAP.
Many times there is nothing you can do to avoid these incidents but there are also ways in which we can beef up our security to avoid these situations and I think that SF is giving you a warning to protect your things if possible.
I had two incidents inside of a year and got a similar warning. I changed a few things and think I’m safer. To many thieves was my problem.
State Farm imho is one of the best.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

Default Anderson

I found Anderson to be more reasonable priced and they include shipping without an additional charge.
Yamamoto Jumbo 27 - Bashkin Placencia FanFret Cedar/EIR - Leo Posch DS12 Adj/Hormigo - Ovation Legion shallow body - - Taylor 562 GC 12 String - C. Freeborn Alto- Froggy Bottom H12C Adj/EIR- Ryan Nightengale Engelmann/Af. Blackwood - Kostal MD

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion