The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-03-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
Gibson went to the hollow plastic bridge in late-1962 so you will find both that and the wood ADJ saddle bridge that year. Replacing the stiff laminate plate needed to support the heavier ADJ saddle bridge was the way to go. It is amazing how many will either alter the bridge with a fixed saddle insert or replace it without gving any thought to swapping out the laminate plate for a traditional solid maple one..
This is good to know... I'll talk w/ whoever I get to do the work about all this. Thinking Victor in Denver who I've heard great things about, or maybe Mike Bashkin in Fort Collins who has done outstanding work for me before.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:50 PM

I recommend going with someone you’ve used before so you’re on the same page. Mine held some surprises with different glues being used so some repairs were easier while others were not and we had several decisions to make throughout. Best of luck. Regardless of what you decide to have done be sure to keep playing it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
1962, gibson, lg2