The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-30-2020, 12:47 PM

Find something used at Dave's. Lots of options pop up under $500. I'd suggest a used PRS SE for great bang for the buck. Most are practically brand new and at significant savings. If you don't like it, you'll most likely easily be able to sell it for what you paid. Pick something you likes the look of and excites you, because you'll play it more. You'll learn over time what you like and don't like and then can replace if needed.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:43 PM

You cant go wrong with the G&L Tribute. I have an ASAT Classic Tribute and a USA ASAT and if you played them in the dark you likely wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

MIM Tele's are great as well but hard to find really nice ones cheap.

Epiphone Les Paul is a lot of guitar for the money as well. I have a Plus Top Pro that I picked up for under $400 that is a super versatile guitar. You can get a lot of tones out of it.

The used market is probably your best bet if you shop carefully you can buy it, try it and flip it if you don't like it and start over. Sometimes even make a little money.

Good luck.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars