The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-13-2019, 11:03 AM

Default Vintage Guitar Picks

Hi!

I’ve been a lurker for a while and have enjoyed reading many of the threads being posted on this great message board.
For me, being a hoarder of guitar picks, especially vintage guitar picks I’ve always thought it would be fun to discuss with other people sharing this interest.
Is there any vintage guitar pick collectors on this message board?
I’m also running an Instagram where I post pictures daily of vintage picks.

Peace!
Picksofthepast

Last edited by Kerbie; 07-14-2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Removed prohibited topic
Old 07-13-2019, 01:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by picksofthepast View Post
Hi!

I’ve been a lurker for a while and have enjoyed reading many of the threads being posted on this great message board.
For me, being a hoarder of guitar picks, especially vintage guitar picks I’ve always thought it would be fun to discuss with other people sharing this interest.
Is there any vintage guitar pick collectors on this message board?
I’m also running an Instagram where I post pictures daily of vintage picks.

Peace!
Picksofthepast
Pick & Other AGF Members:

Folks, just a reminder that it is highly illegal to sell genuine tortoise shell guitar pick, with heavy fines and sometimes even short jail sentences. I say this because I know for a fact that there are a lot of D'Andrea genuine TS picks floating around out there. I imagine it's fine to post photos of them here and elsewhere, but I just wanted everyone to have a clear understanding of this.

Second, while selling them is bad enough, if they are sold in the U.S. across state lines the penalties become even stiffer, as they Feds get involved as well in those situations.

Sorry if this rains the the parade, but I wanted to share this as a public service announcement.

Best,
Scott Memmer

Last edited by Kerbie; 07-14-2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Edited quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post

Folks, just a reminder that it is highly illegal to sell genuine tortoise shell guitar pick, with heavy fines and sometimes even short jail sentences. I say this because I know for a fact that there are a lot of D'Andrea genuine TS picks floating around out there. I imagine it's fine to post photos of them here and elsewhere, but I just wanted everyone to have a clear understanding of this.

Second, while selling them is bad enough, if they are sold in the U.S. across state lines the penalties become even stiffer, as they Feds get involved as well in those situations.

Sorry if this rains the the parade, but I wanted to share this as a public service announcement.

Best,
Scott Memmer

I think it’s great that you mention this Scott!
Old 07-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post

Best,
Scott Memmer
Now I'm imaging some shady back-alley deal with a genuine TS guitar pick dealer where both parties are looking over their shoulders.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion