The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-10-2019, 12:43 AM

Default DiamondSecure Tieblock System

Just got me some of these, they work great and were easy to tie. They are very secure and I dont see how they could slip at all. https://www.rosetteguitarproducts.com/new-page
Old 05-10-2019, 12:02 PM

Default Works for me

I have an Ortega with a 12-hole bridge. Using the method in the video works well. I like the 12-hole but have had the high e string slip. I end up doing a typical tie-block anchor, but will improve with practice.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lar View Post
At the headstock, I just started using this tying method:
https://twitter.com/GoharGuitar/stat...83550638862336
I can't get that video to play on Twitter. I asked in comments if she had it on her Facebook page or elsewhere, and didn't get a response. Could someone do me a big favor and put it somewhere more accessible, or mail it to me at jrethorst -at- post -dot- com. Thank you so much.

John R.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreF View Post
I use that method. That's what I've been doing for years. I agree that it works well. I used to leave way too much slack at the headstock to wind. There is no need for that, and may even slow down the breaking-in stretching process.
Same here. I posted pictures of this method on the forum a while back and got no interest so it seemed everyone was satisfied with their method. Unfortunately I have since deleted them. The twist up works for me. I too have left a little too much slack and will try the no slack approach.

hunter
Old 05-11-2019, 02:32 PM

I think I may try those beads on my SG200N. I run carbons on it and the little strings have a tendency to slip in that guitars tie block. Plus that guitar is a solid block of wood so the beads will have no affect on sound. And they might give me a little more break angle over the saddle.

Thanks

hunter
Old 05-12-2019, 01:28 PM

Default String beads

They work great on my Cordoba. I also installed this ! https://www.rosetteguitarproducts.co...assical-guitar Better action, better open string tone, more stable tuning and better intonation, (no, I dont work for them).
Old 05-17-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrethorst View Post
I can't get that video to play on Twitter. I asked in comments if she had it on her Facebook page or elsewhere, and didn't get a response. Could someone do me a big favor and put it somewhere more accessible, or mail it to me at jrethorst -at- post -dot- com. Thank you so much.

John R.
I cant get it to work either!

I have the beads as my wife got me them for my birthday - but on my last string change I managed to not only enjoy doing it I also made the ends tie into the string next to it and it looked really neat! Not sure if I'll use them now

2009 Taylor 914ce
2010 Takamine TC132SC
2015 Guild Firestar
2015 DK1 by DK Custom Guitars
2018 Alhambra 9P CW E2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical