The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 07-21-2016, 06:27 PM
Uncle Pauhana Uncle Pauhana is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 609
Default

And I forgot to mention that I really, really want one of these things.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-22-2016, 08:28 AM
Emerald Guitars's Avatar
Emerald Guitars Emerald Guitars is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Donegal, Ireland
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
And I forgot to mention that I really, really want one of these things.
And, no doubt, you would also give it a really nice name of your own, Uncle Pauhana!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sean
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-22-2016, 12:17 PM
EvanB EvanB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,988
Default

road trip!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Uncle Pauhana Uncle Pauhana is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Guitars View Post
And, no doubt, you would also give it a really nice name of your own, Uncle Pauhana!



Have a great weekend everyone!



Sean
Thanks, Sean - a good individual name would be a must for a gorgeous instrument like that!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-25-2016, 05:14 PM
Acousticado's Avatar
Acousticado Acousticado is offline
Tommy CanAm
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada/SW Florida
Posts: 11,996
Default

I just viewed all the videos. As I mentioned, I'm not a bass player, but I have to say that this guitar sounds pretty impressive to me. It is large, but a bass generally is and as with all Emerald guitars, the ergonomics/curves are in all the right places. The brilliance of Emerald innovation strikes again!
__________________
Tom
AGF Moderator

Wood: '02 Taylor 814c | '18 Taylor 214ceDLX (Rosewood) | '18 Taylor 150e-12 String (Walnut) | '79 Ibanez Dread (First acoustic) | '02 Fender Strat - American '57 RI
Carbon Fiber: '18 Emerald X20 Custom | '08 Composite Acoustics Cargo RT
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-26-2016, 02:34 AM
Emerald Guitars's Avatar
Emerald Guitars Emerald Guitars is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Donegal, Ireland
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I just viewed all the videos. As I mentioned, I'm not a bass player, but I have to say that this guitar sounds pretty impressive to me. It is large, but a bass generally is and as with all Emerald guitars, the ergonomics/curves are in all the right places. The brilliance of Emerald innovation strikes again!
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, Tom! We really appreciate it, as always. Lots more to come from Emerald!

Best Wishes

Sean
__________________
Don't want to miss the announcement of our monthly Select Series? Sign up to the Emerald Guitars Newsletter here https://goo.gl/MYtMJg
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-14-2016, 05:53 PM
EvanB EvanB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,988
Default

Road Trip??
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-14-2016, 08:56 PM
Jeff Scott Jeff Scott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,507
Default

Hi Sean,

I am a bassist (unlike some others, here ) 45 years and counting, and have played quite a few ABGs over the years (Martin, Guild, Earthwood, and a bunch of lesser priced ones when looking for one for a friend). This bass should be a top contender, going by the couple of videos I checked out. Personally, I think this bass would sound superb in a fretless model. The size is very welcome as most other ABGs have bodies that are just their acoustic guitar's counterpart, too small to be effective, at all, except in the midrange, and many are very small sounding and require amplification to really be of any use. My only caveat is that there could be a bit more real depth to the bottom end, but I can't really say, for sure, unless I can play one for myself (a fretless 4 string model, thanks!). Did anybody say ROAD TRIP?
__________________
(insert famous quote here)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-15-2016, 04:54 AM
Emerald Guitars's Avatar
Emerald Guitars Emerald Guitars is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Donegal, Ireland
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
Hi Sean,

I am a bassist (unlike some others, here ) 45 years and counting, and have played quite a few ABGs over the years (Martin, Guild, Earthwood, and a bunch of lesser priced ones when looking for one for a friend). This bass should be a top contender, going by the couple of videos I checked out. Personally, I think this bass would sound superb in a fretless model. The size is very welcome as most other ABGs have bodies that are just their acoustic guitar's counterpart, too small to be effective, at all, except in the midrange, and many are very small sounding and require amplification to really be of any use. My only caveat is that there could be a bit more real depth to the bottom end, but I can't really say, for sure, unless I can play one for myself (a fretless 4 string model, thanks!). Did anybody say ROAD TRIP?
Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, we really appreciate it! We will be starting off mainly building 5-strings, but we hope to be able to offer 4-string soon after and no doubt we will be making fretless acoustics, as we did on our old model, so watch this space!

As for the road trip, we have a number of really exciting big projects to complete first and then when we have enough time to dedicate to this large undertaking we will be rolling it out as soon as possible!

Thank you again for your continued interest and support!

Best Wishes,

Sean @ Emerald Guitars
__________________
Don't want to miss the announcement of our monthly Select Series? Sign up to the Emerald Guitars Newsletter here https://goo.gl/MYtMJg
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-17-2016, 04:35 PM
HeavyDuty's Avatar
HeavyDuty HeavyDuty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Suburban Chicago, IL
Posts: 313
Default

Wow! I'm primarily a bass player and have been a fan of ABGs for years. - I currently have a pair of Tacoma Thunderchief fivers. I think I'm in love!

Questions and comments for Sean:

Many of us ABG aficionados use LaBella black nylon tapewound strings. Have you tried these to see how well they work on yours, or can you?

What is the scale length? Your website is inaccessible for me right now, so I can't look there for information.

Are these available to order now? Feel free to PM me, I'm quite serious about replacing one or both of my Tacomas with one of these.

Thanks!
__________________

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, RainSong SGA-FLE and WS3000, Republic Resolian Style 804, Gold Tone MB23, a pair of Tacoma CB105s
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-17-2016, 05:18 PM
Uncle Pauhana Uncle Pauhana is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
[…] I currently have a pair of Tacoma Thunderchief fivers. I think I'm in love!
[…] I'm quite serious about replacing one or both of my Tacomas with one of these.
Oh yeah, buy and review, please! I'm sure you'll love it.

I used to use a Tacoma Chief six-string for gigging (because I wasn't going to be taking my lovely old D28 out into the wild). I bought an Emerald X20 as an upgrade/replacement, and I have not even seen the Tacoma in the 3 years since. I assume it's still in its case, but I can't say for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-18-2016, 09:40 AM
EvanB EvanB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,988
Default

I think I heard someone say "ROAD TRIP?"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-19-2016, 12:41 AM
Claytone Claytone is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jacksonville Arkansas
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I think I heard someone say "ROAD TRIP?"
LOL Evan...I'm pretty sure Sean heard you that time Amigo...even across the pond, the sound carries well...

I might have to look into getting one of these as well, but I'm afraid I could not do it justice...sigh...
__________________
Current Acoustics:
Emerald X-20 OS Opus
Wechter Pathmaker
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Emerald Guitars's Avatar
Emerald Guitars Emerald Guitars is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Donegal, Ireland
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
Wow! I'm primarily a bass player and have been a fan of ABGs for years. - I currently have a pair of Tacoma Thunderchief fivers. I think I'm in love!

Questions and comments for Sean:

Many of us ABG aficionados use LaBella black nylon tapewound strings. Have you tried these to see how well they work on yours, or can you?

What is the scale length? Your website is inaccessible for me right now, so I can't look there for information.

Are these available to order now? Feel free to PM me, I'm quite serious about replacing one or both of my Tacomas with one of these.

Thanks!
Hi HeavyDuty,

Thank you so much for you interest!We have been doing a lot of testing with our prototype of the new acoustic bass, which has yet to be named and officially launched, but we have a few good ideas!

We are certainly open to suggestions from you regarding strings. The acoustic bass is not yet on our website, but this is imminent, but we have already taken orders for it and you are more than welcome to email me on info@emeraldguitars.com to discuss this in more depth.

We have been working on a number of major projects in the background Evan many of which will be revealed shortly. The road trip, as I am sure you understand, will be a huge undertaking, so we want to ensure that we have the time it needs before we roll it out, but this will be happening as soon as possible.

If you guys have any further questions, give us a shout any time!

Sean
__________________
Don't want to miss the announcement of our monthly Select Series? Sign up to the Emerald Guitars Newsletter here https://goo.gl/MYtMJg
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-19-2016, 07:24 AM
HeavyDuty's Avatar
HeavyDuty HeavyDuty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Suburban Chicago, IL
Posts: 313
Default

Sean, I just emailed you - thanks!

Can you comment on scale length? Also, it's hard to tell from the photos, but are those Hipshot Ultralite tuners? (Please?)
__________________

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, RainSong SGA-FLE and WS3000, Republic Resolian Style 804, Gold Tone MB23, a pair of Tacoma CB105s
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=