The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-22-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sims View Post
Yes, the Deflatriots are scrutinized only because they don't spy well enough to avoid getting caught. Just ain't fair...
Typical Pats Hater..
Old 12-22-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Again, I'm a Pats fan and couldn't care less about the Eagles. But, this was Dallas' division to win (or lose depending on how you look at it). The Eagles have a ton of injuries and can somehow win this horrible division. It's a win for them today.
I agree. But it very confusing. Why didn't Jerry Jones demand the roof to be closed in Philly? And if you don't have a roof the least you could do is turn the heat up. Was anybody checking the balls? Aw, Jerry. My brother lives in Dallas. I will hear about it from him. It's draining.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
And, I said the Boys have a decent chance of losing...
As I knew would happen, once the game started, my lizard brain took over and I was all in for the Iggles. And I get an un-natural amount of pleasure out of watching the Cowboys fail. As much as watching the Patriots fail, but the Patriots rarely do and the Cowboys are a pretty reliable buzz for the likes of me. I love that the Eagles ran a bunch of cripples out there and beat a talented team that was mostly healthy. Mostly through sheer guts and just wanting it more.

Assuming the Eagles beat the Giants next week - they should but it's far from a sure thing after taking OT to beat them in Philly two weeks ago - they'll face the best wild card team in the NFC, which is Green Bay, Minnesota, Seattle, or San Francisco. I don't see Philly being competitive with any of those teams, although they did somehow find a way to beat Green Bay early in the season. But they got beaten soundly by Seattle and Minnesota and were a much stronger, healthier team then than they are now...

Oh well, today's game was fun to watch anyway. Nothing better than watching Jerry Jones and Chris Christie up in the owner's box crying in their beer... And now Jerry has to screw up his courage to fire Garrett. Or maybe he won't be able to pull the trigger again...

-Ray
Old 12-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Again, I'm a Pats fan and couldn't care less about the Eagles. But, this was Dallas' division to win (or lose depending on how you look at it). The Eagles have a ton of injuries and can somehow win this horrible division. It's a win for them today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL30 View Post
I guess when your rival’s 4th round draft pick QB is 4-2 going into the game over your big money 1st round QB, you get super excited to finally win again.
I get it fellas. I do. But, as you said Rob, it’s a win for them...today. I guess they should enjoy it while they can, as short lived as that may be.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 12-22-2019, 07:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Assuming the Eagles beat the Giants next week - they should but it's far from a sure thing after taking OT to beat them in Philly two weeks ago - they'll face the best wild card team in the NFC, which is Green Bay, Minnesota, Seattle, or San Francisco. I don't see Philly being competitive with any of those teams, although they did somehow find a way to beat Green Bay early in the season. But they got beaten soundly by Seattle and Minnesota and were a much stronger, healthier team then than they are now...

-Ray
Agreed Ray. And therein lies the rub.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 12-22-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, the Deflatriots are scrutinized only because they don't spy well enough to avoid getting caught. Just ain't fair...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Typical Pats Hater..
No... No... Just ribbing. No malice intended.

But you have to admit there are some um... hard to dismiss, ignore or explain away issues over a 10 year span.
I am not coming at this from the perspective of a Pats hater.

Last edited by 12barBill; 12-22-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:46 PM

The Eagles showed 'spunck' today. Dallas, not so much. As we move forward we should look for 'spunck'. You know it when you see it. That's what it takes to go far.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
No... No... Just ribbing. No malice intended.

But you have to admit there are some um... hard to dismiss, ignore or explain away issues over a 10 year span.
I am not coming at this from the perspective of a Pats hater.
I beg your pardon, Sir. The Patriots are as pure as a newborn lamb.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
I beg your pardon, Sir. The Patriots are as pure as a newborn lamb.
LOL... I think we may have some common ground. I was not trying to start anything negative or flame the Deflatriots.. I mean Patriots. Just ribbing.

As far as Coboys vs Eagles... the Eagles managed to win the game they could not lose, and as far as the spunk, I think that came from the defensive side.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Saints are good, but you want them to get a 1 seed in the NFC this year. Especially since Niners, Packers, and Seahawks all play outside.
Saints have beaten all three outside in the past and in cold weather. The reason we Southerners like our domes should be obvious to all you guitar players here. Domes are LOUD and they don’t call the Super Dome the Thunder Dome for nothing. Yea, I want us to get #1 seed, would be sweet.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 12-22-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
Saints have beaten all three outside in the past and in cold weather. The reason we Southerners like our domes should be obvious to all you guitar players here. Domes are LOUD and they don’t call the Super Dome the Thunder Dome for nothing. Yea, I want us to get #1 seed, would be sweet.
But the Saints are 1-5 in away games in the playoffs under Brees/Payton.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-22-2019, 10:45 PM

Default Meanwhile.....

The hapless Bengals earned the rights to the #1 pick in the upcoming draft with their loss to the Dolphins in OT today.
I feel sorry for Joe Burrows or any other player destined to play for the Brown family in Cincinnati.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I'm a Pats fan like you, but Dak had a good year and he's better than average. I don't know about elite, but in the top 10.

He was hurt a bit today. Didn't practice much this week.

Average might be a bit harsh, but I think he is overrated. The really good QB’s make things happen when such an important game is on the line. And Dak failed to throw a single touchdown against an average at best team. And the Cowboys are my secondary team since that’s my wife’s team, so it’s not like I’m just hating on them. Now they need to win and eagles need to lose next week if they wanna play in the playoffs. The number one offense in the NFL fighting for a number four seed or no playoffs. How does that even happen?
Old 12-23-2019, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
But the Saints are 1-5 in away games in the playoffs under Brees/Payton.
FOX SPORTS brought up an interesting stat yesterday that the Saints have the strongest at home playoff record of all the leading playoff NFC teams currently so yes it’s a big thing for them to open the playoffs at home. I just feel real good about this team. They keep coming back against adversity going 5-0 when Brees was injured and playing the last 3 games with key defensive players out.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 12-23-2019, 08:09 AM

I realize the rest of the country doesn't care , but how 'bout them AZ. Cards ! Lets face it, they sucked all year, near the bottom in just about every stat. But some how always seem to play good in Seattle.

Yesterday they played their best all around game of the year , holding the Seahawks to 1 TD and a couple field goals. They never gave Russel Wilson a chance to work any of his magic.

Congrats to them, great game !!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic