The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-26-2024, 07:30 AM

Default How old?

I spotted a guitar in a charity shop and at £20 I couldn’t resist it. I’ve never heard of Egmond but it sounds pretty good. Obviously well used going by the wear and tear.
Anybody have any idea of how to assess age? There’s no serial number or anything.
I was going to add photos but don’t know how.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2024, 08:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaindel View Post
I spotted a guitar in a charity shop and at £20 I couldn’t resist it. I’ve never heard of Egmond but it sounds pretty good. Obviously well used going by the wear and tear.
Anybody have any idea of how to assess age? There’s no serial number or anything.
I was going to add photos but don’t know how.

Thanks
My very first guitar, back in 1970 or so, was an Egmond archtop. It really wasn’t very good, but it looked cool, and I didn’t know any better - and it, too, cost me about £20. I believe they were Dutch in origin.

If you search online, you’ll find lots of pictures, but I don’t recall ever finding a comprehensive model history anywhere. I’d expect that yours is probably of similar vintage to mine.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 03-26-2024, 08:13 AM
Curiouser and curiouser

I'm not really familiar with the brand, but a quick google search turned up this history... http://www.egmond.se/egmond_se_History.html

Looks like they cranked out a lot of lower end 'affordable' guitars back in the day.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion