The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-27-2023, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Default Cordoba C10 Experience?

I have owned a number of nice classical guitars but never played a Cordoba C10. Except for a C10 Parlor, which I very much enjoyed, except for the smaller nut width and scale. I am wondering what any of you who have owned or now own a full size one think of them. I am craving the somewhat smaller neck profile as my hands weaken.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:54 PM

I like my 2014 C10 cedar. No problems.
Made in China. We should expect anecdotal gripes about any factory guitar--those people are more likely to say and write things than the happy-enough customers. Play before you buy, if possible.

Last edited by FrankHS; 03-30-2023 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-02-2023, 05:15 AM

I don't own one, but I know someone who has one and I've played it a few times. It's a quality instrument. The player gets a lot for the price with these.
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc
Old 04-06-2023, 12:40 PM

My playing partner has 2 of them (1 Cedar top, 1 Spruce top) and I have a Cedar. They are VERY good guitars, well made, sound good, the only complaint is they are little heavy compared to the high end.
They do have a truss rod which does add a touch of weight.
Kremona Kiano
Ramsay Hauser
Cordoba C10
Chris Walsh Archtop
Gardiner Concert
Taylor Leo Kottke
Gretsch 6120
Pavan TP30
Aria A19c
Hsienmo MJ

Ukuleles:
Cocobolo 5 string Tenor
Kanilea K3 Koa
Kanilea K1 Walnut Tenor
Kala Super Tenor
Rebel Super Concert
Nehemiah Covey Tenor
Mainland Mahogany Tenor
Mainland Cedar/Rosewood Tenor
Old 04-07-2023, 06:25 AM

I don't have experience with an C10 but a C9 Crossover which is pretty much the same besides the radiused Fingerboard, slimmer Neck Profile and Mahogany back and sides instead of Rosewood. I am pretty much excited about the built quality of my C9, it is an utterly beautiful instrument a joy to play and sounds fantastic.

I don't understand a word but the guitar speaks to me: https://youtu.be/194xqy-W_So?t=175

Last edited by FranzKappa; 04-07-2023 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:20 AM

I have no experience with the C10, but I had a GK Pro Negra for a short time.

Just wanted to mention a Spanish built, all solid alternative at a much lower price point: Manuel Rodriguez Magistral. Available in cedar or spruce tops, walnut, mahogany or rosewood backs and sides. I wanted a cedar top, and opted for hog back and sides simply because it was the least expensive option.

I am very impressed by this guitar. So light weight and resonnant, very full and vibrant. Not too keen on the carbon trebles it came with, but that’s my only complaint.

https://gewaguitars.com/product/manu...ll-solid/25858

Here’s a review of the walnut back and sides version:

https://youtu.be/pu-PDMSPMFM

Made in Spain. Not China…

Martin OM-28V
Yamaha FSX3
Godin Arena Pro CW Bourbon Burst
Manuel Rodriguez Magistral D-C
EBS Stanley Clarke Sig. Acoustic Pre
Alto TX210 powered speaker
Old 04-08-2023, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offkey View Post
I have owned a number of nice classical guitars but never played a Cordoba C10. Except for a C10 Parlor, which I very much enjoyed, except for the smaller nut width and scale. I am wondering what any of you who have owned or now own a full size one think of them. I am craving the somewhat smaller neck profile as my hands weaken.
I've had a couple of C10s, Cedar & Spruce. The Cedar was nice, i don't recall the neck profile being all that small, real comfortable though. Intonation was good, was able to get the action down if you like that & it sounded nice. I didn't care for the spruce one, super tight & congested sounding & not much sustain. I know there's the whole spruce takes longer to open up than cedar thing, etc but this was just not a great sounding guitar. I have a nice sounding handmade, spruce topped guitar. The Cordoba cedar topped one was nice though, I've been thinking of getting another.

Good luck!
Old 04-14-2023, 10:56 AM

Default New C10 Crossover

Just received my new C10 from All Strings Nylon.

They do a FULL setup on every instrument sold and it plays great and sounds beautiful, and includes a report of work done.

No comparison to my C5 Cadete; it is now the travel guitar.

I asked for low action and he got it to 2/2.5mm and sounds clean.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical