The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-24-2023, 11:24 AM

Default Boss AD-2

Anyone using this? Does it make a difference?
Taylor 110
Martin DX
Epiphone Texan 12 string
Sigma Mandolin
SCGC VJ
Alvarez Nashville tuning
https://soundcloud.com/gideon-besson...social_sharing
Old 03-24-2023, 05:10 PM

I use one and like it a lot. I don't use the Resonance feature, as I don't really need it with my Cole Clark or Matons. I do use the Ambience, which is a very nice reverb, and sometimes use the Notch filter when playing at louder on-stage volumes to stop the low end feedback. It also has an optimal 1k ohm output, which is good if you use other effects which may give a different impedence.
Old 03-25-2023, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

I've got one I'm no longer using is you want to check it out. I was just getting ready to throw it up for sale with a bunch of other stuff after cleaning out my storage today. I'll have it posted in the Classifieds by tomorrow. They work great for UST pickups.
Old 03-26-2023, 07:56 AM

I have one and like it. It does bring a little something extra to the sound - I only use it sparingly with knobs around 9:00 or 10:00. I don’t have feedback issues so I never use the notch filter. The ambiance knob is basically a reverb. The resonance knob kind of emphasizes the natural vibrations of your guitar top. If you’re looking for a radical change in tone, this is not the pedal for that. I find that, using the same amp and settings, some guitars don’t need it at all and some definitely sound better with it on. But we all hear things differently. It’s not a big investment: mine was $99 new, although I don’t know what they go for now.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:10 AM
Charter Member

I got one several years ago when I was just beginning to try to improve the amplified tone of my Sonitone-equipped Martins. I got it specifically for the Resonance feature. It helped a bit.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification